The group representing the U.S. marine industry is speaking out against President Trump’s withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
MarineMax said it turned a $2.6 million profit in the December quarter.
The Massachusetts Marine Trades Association honored longtime New England Boat Show president Joe O’Neal.
The 112th annual New York Boat Show opens Wednesday and runs through Sunday at the Javits Center in Manhattan.
Dockwa said Marinas.com is one of the most extensive online marine directories with more than 75,000 marine locations.
The American Sportfishing Association is angry about a last-minute order by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Disney designers blend logistical upgrades with additional touches of high-end glitz for the ‘reinvention’ of Yachts...more
‘Gutsy’ mid-range outboards and wave-shaping tow-boat technology headline latest offerings...more
Miami International organizers say they’ve resolved the new venue’s first-year glitches and are eager to welcome cro...more
Cincinnati is dubbed the Queen City of Ohio but the title should be King City when it comes to attendance at the boat show that wrapped up last weekend. And in the northern part of the state, the Cleveland show also chalked up handsome gains....more
Last summer, Republicans took aim at financial reform by proposing legislative action to replace Dodd-Frank with the Financial Choice Act. The proposal included a repeal of the hard-won debit-card swipe fees reform that more fairly set what’s paid by retailers. Should we expect it to happen this year?...more
Did you miss...?
Brewer Yacht Yards and Marinas is joining the Safe Harbor Marinas family.
Large boat shows concluded last weekend in Houston, Atlanta and Chicago, and organizers were upbeat about the results in all three cities.
Selected Marine Stocks
- Beneteau manager announces retirement 9 comments
- NMMA ‘discouraged’ about demise of Trans-Pacific trade deal 8 comments
- Trade group honors former New England show president 5 comments
- Marquis Yachts partners with Toyota on 42-footer 3 comments
- Sea Ray debuts new 40-footer 2 comments
The industry lost one of its most authentic voices and ardent practitioners late last year with the death of Jack Sherwood....more
His text message was brief. Would I be able to meet for coffee in an hour to give him input for his upcoming job interview? Perfect planning — my last call of the day was finished, and I was available....more
Have you ever pulled up a barstool, turned to the guy sitting inches away from you and said, “Hey, aren’t you … ?”...more
- National Sales Manager North America-Jeanneau Powerboats
- Certified Marine Techs – RIBCRAFT, Marblehead, MA
- Experienced Yacht Broker- Galati Yacht Sales Texas Location
- Production Engineer-EdgeWater Power Boats
- Sales Manager/Technician positions-Boyds Marine Inc
- Dockmaster & Marine Engine Techs -MacDougalls’ Cape Cod Marine Service
- General Manager/Club Steward Position-Ida Lewis Yacht Club
- General Managers, Service Managers, Techs-Suntex Marinas
- Regional Sales Manager, OEM/Industrial-Moeller Marine
- Technical Sales Support Representative Marine-Shakespeare Company
Glenn Hughes, a veteran boating and fishing journalist, now heads industry relations for the American Sportfishing Association.
Trade group tells media a ‘friendly’ Trump administration and a surging economy could usher in a new ‘golden age’
Engine makers go directly to end-users with campaigns evoking ‘little moments a boater can connect to’
Smarter Fuel Future is a coalition of 70 groups ranging from farmers to ‘motorcyle guys,’ oil execs to environmentalists
For the third year running, U.S. yacht brokers reached the end of December with fewer boats sold than the year before.