The National Marine Manufacturers Association, which runs the event, said it is building the entirely new show from the ground up.
The 2016 edition of Yachts Miami Beach — formerly the Yacht & Brokerage Show in Miami Beach — will be the largest in its 28-year history.
Indmar Marine Engines plans to debut its entry into three new segments this week during the Miami International Boat Show.
U.S. brokerage sales began 2016 as they ended 2015, with numbers that were weaker than in the same month in the previous year.
Leisure Product Holdings LLC bought Marine Concepts/JRL Ventures.
Technomarine Group said Technomarine Yachts acquired the yacht brokerage firm Palm Beach Power Boats in Palm Beach, Fla.
The show will be the biggest ever, with the same verve but a new name denoting ‘28 years on Collins Avenue’...more
NMMA gives its Miami production a complete makeover to match the allure of its Virginia Key venue...more
‘Thrashed’ in the marketplace, the sterndrive segment is innovating and showing signs of life...more
It’s hard to believe, but it’s here. After talking about it for the last 12 months, we’re about to see industry history made with the Thursday opening of the new Progressive Miami International Boat Show at the new Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin....more
A new campaign promoting more ethanol (should be called moonshine), as well as the industry’s all-important American Boating Congress, are notable today....more
Did you miss...?
U.S. outboard engine wholesale shipments were up 3.1 percent year-over-year through January.
A letter to the editor in the Miami Herald is lauding the Miami International Boat Show as a potential catalyst for the landmark.
Selected Marine Stocks
- New Miami show site called ‘an island paradise’ 6 comments
- Gunboat International will be sold at auction 5 comments
- Thieves steal electronics from boats in Maryland 3 comments
- Marco Rubio holds town hall at JRL Ventures/Marine Concepts 3 comments
- Navico expands manufacturing plant in Mexico 3 comments
Native advertising first sailed into the public consciousness in the summer of 2014, the butt of satire on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show with John Oliver.” ...more
If there’s a long line anywhere, most of us avoid it. Yes, I am readily raising my hand as an accomplished long-line avoider, but there are a few places where long lines are the norm and everyone seems fine with it....more
So what are buyers looking for in a new boat today? Value? Innovation? Performance? All three and more, perhaps?...more
- Marine Sales Manager-Perko
- Navigation & Communication Systems Technician-Cay Electronics
- Flagship Management – South Florida Marine and Superyacht Jobs
- Regional Sales Directors-Evinrude/BRP
- Production Engineer-Bertram Yachts
- Production Supervisor-Blue Wave
- Managing Editor-BoatU.S. Magazine
- Electronics Field Technician-Young’s Electronic Systems-MA
- Sales Manager-Plantation Boat Mart
- Midwest Sales and Sales Management Careers-MarineMax
A glut of ‘end-of-life’ hulls is clogging our landfills as experts seek an economically viable system for recycling fiberglass
Turnout at the bellwether Manhattan event was up 5 percent, and exhibitors say their sales numbers point to a healthy 2016
New England exhibitors say worry over Boston’s snow potential dictates a long run (Feb. 13-21) and cite last year’s near-wipeout
Preparations for Miami shows include a $200,000 traffic plan, shuttles, prepaid parking and water taxis between venues
2015 ended with U.S. brokerage sales at nearly the same level as in 2014 — the number of boats sold declined 1 percent, and the total value of those sales rose 2 percent.