Brunswick Corp. reported somewhat challenged margins in the first quarter, as sales of larger inboard and sterndrive boats softened.
Preowned boat sales were up for the second consecutive year in 2016, rising 2.5 percent in units and 2 percent in dollar value.
The Little Rock Port Authority is asking President Trump to include inland waterways in his proposed infrastructure plan.
Marine Travelift said it expanded its Hydro M Drive line of marine forklifts.
The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show starts today and runs through Sunday at the City Dock in Annapolis, Md.
Active Interest Media announced that Wade Luce was promoted to publisher of PassageMaker magazine, effective immediately.
Now under the wing of the Beneteau Group, the new Wellcraft is starting to make waves in the busy open fishing boat mark...more
As technology enhances the boating experience, enough buyers seem willing to pay the added cost...more
ABC again will emphasize boating’s economic importance, but to a new administration and 62 freshman lawmakers...more
Getting kids on the water, keeping them safe there and looking to provide long-term educational opportunities are among the outstanding initiatives of boating organizations that deserve recognition and, where applicable, duplication elsewhere. Here are three worthy ones:...more
I can’t count the times I have written that our marine trade associations do for dealers what they couldn’t hope to do by themselves. So I say that again and support it by citing what the Michigan Boating Industries Association is tackling these days....more
Did you miss...?
The NMMA urged its members to weigh in on the possible renegotiation or termination of NAFTA.
The Newport In-Water Boat Show starts Thursday and run through Sunday at the newly renovated Lido Marina Village in California.
Selected Marine Stocks
- Grow Boating study finds drop in first-time buyers 15 comments
- Grady-White president will receive manufacturing award 5 comments
- Strictly Sail Miami will move to Miami Marine Stadium in 2018 5 comments
- NMMA wants members to weigh in on NAFTA 5 comments
- Lawsuit says Suzuki outboard overheats 2 comments
If you look at research studies and books on success, a key finding will emerge: More is not always better. The business world in which you operate is relentlessly demanding....more
All joking aside, depending on the topic, maybe you’ll turn to a trusted colleague, friend or family member....more
The late Coast Guard captain and navigation expert Bill Brogdon used to say that if you want to stay dry, you should buy a horse, not a boat....more
- Customer Service/Technical Support Specialist-Pleasurecraft Engine Group
- Design Engineer-Power Products LLC
- Sales Engineer & Applications Engineer Positions-Power Products, LLC
- Inside/Outside Sales & Sales Assistant Positions-Teak Isle Mfg, FL
- Regional Sales Representative,Mid-West US-Meeco Sullivan
- Hydraulic Boat Lift Sales Technician-Midwest Industries
- Sales Consultant NY & CT-MarineMax
- Staff Writer/Contributing Editor – Professional BoatBuilder magazine
- Regional Sales Manager-Regal Marine
- Manager/Business Opportunity-TheCanvas & Upholstery Center
Palm Beach turnout was up 14 percent and sales reflected a continuing trend toward larger vessels
S.C. expansion will be used for two new models — the 53-foot center console and ‘something in between the 42 and the 53’
Carl Blackwell, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of the National Marine Manufacturers Association and president of the national Grow Boating campaign, grew up boating but didn’t take a direct path to the industry.
Sentiment remains at an all-time high but long-term view dims
Marking another milestone in its recovery, the U.S. recreational boat industry sold more than 250,000 boats in 2016 for the first time in eight years.