The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics is asking the marine industry to provide updates to the agency’s Standards of Occupational Classification.
Italian yard Invictus Yacht, which is slightly more than a year old, said it is establishing itself in the yacht market.
Sail magazine announced the winners of its 2016 Best Boats Awards in the December issue.
Malibu Boats launched its new M235, the boat the company said garnered it an invitation to the U.S. Naval Academy.
The St. Petersburg Power and Sailboat Show, the largest in-water boat show on Florida's Gulf Coast, is set to take place Dec. 3-6.
Consumer confidence declined for the second month in a row in November as Americans expressed fears about the job market.
The savvy operator must offer basic services and accommodate customers’ demands for social activities, all the while s...more
It was the biggest Fort Lauderdale show ever and ecstatic exhibitors say sales were sizzling...more
Boating and fishing are speaking with a single, more powerful voice to advance their symbiotic agendas...more
There’s absolutely no doubt that the 75th anniversary of the Miami International Boat Show will take place on schedule in its new location at the Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin from Feb. 11-15....more
Melissa Danko’s single-minded focus on service to the Marine Trades Association of New Jersey has earned her the 2015 Darlene Briggs Woman of the Year Award....more
Did you miss...?
Show organizers sent out an “action alert” asking exhibitors to let lawmakers in the area know the show is “crucial” to the industry.
Advocates say the bill will provide increased access to public land and water and improve fish and wildlife management.
Selected Marine Stocks
- Mercury official warns against increasing ethanol level in gasoline 6 comments
- MDCE 2015: N.J. trade group director receives Darlene Briggs Award 6 comments
- Fort Lauderdale show will have international flavor 4 comments
- VIDEO: U.S. companies report success at METS 4 comments
- NMMA asks exhibitors for help in Miami show dispute 4 comments
There’s a great little breakfast joint near downtown where I meet a friend every few months to catch up. At our last breakfast he was fuming. No, they didn’t burn his bacon (he orders it nearly burnt, anyway). He was burning about something else — his job....more
On any given day, over a billion people — one of every seven inhabitants of this planet — log on to their Facebook accounts. For our purposes as marine marketers, one of every two to three active Internet users are on Facebook. ...more
When you’re considering the purchase of a new home or vehicle, an expensive toy or even where to go for your family’s next vacation, I bet you solicit opinions from trusted friends, family or colleagues....more
- Print and Digital Advertising Sales Associate-PassageMaker
- Applications Engineer-Seakeeper
- Outside Sales Representative-CWR
- Fiberglass Tech/Gel Coat Repair-South Shore Marine
- Regional Sales Manager-Clarion
- Operations Manager – Boats & Harbors, Town of Greenwich, CT
- Sailing Club District Manager/ Assistant Manager, New York Harbor
- Yacht Sales Agent – Ft. Lauderdale Area
- Director of Human Resources-The Hinckley Company
- Marine Diesel Technician/Mechanics-Niemiec Marine,
With boatyards back in play in South Florida, an appraiser says owners should look closely at their long-term goals
Island Gardens/Deep Harbour combines hotels, housing and a superyacht marina.
When consumers search for boats on Boat Trader, what’s most important?
A late spring and a summer that lingered helped the boating industry post strong September sales for the third year in a row.
U.S. brokerage sales fell 4 percent in October as 2,219 boats were sold, 97 fewer than in the same month a year earlier.