A year ago in June, sales of new recreational boats were bouncing back after falling virtually flat during April and May.
Brunswick Corp. said it entered into an agreement to buy Lankhorst Taselaar.
Revenue at MarineMax declined in the third quarter from $345.6 million in 2016 to $329.8 million this year.
Recreational fishing proponents met with members of Congress on Wednesday.
PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — We were up and at ‘em bright and early on Wednesday in Bar Harbor, Maine, with a long day of riding ahead to Portsmouth.
Multihull Central will present a variety of Aquila Power Catamarans.
The company’s largest outboard has counter-rotating propellers and is designed for the multi-purpose boats coming in t...more
How far can battery power take you? Farther than you might think, say motor manufacturers ...more
Participants left Washington hopeful that progress was made on skilled-worker shortage and other issues affecting boatin...more
Today is the anniversary of the world’s greatest treasure hunter Mel Fisher’s discovery on July 20, 1985, of the wreck of the Spanish royal guard galleon Nuestra Senora de Atocha. The $450 million dollar treasure cache or “Atocha Mother Lode” was the culmination of Fisher’s more-than-16-year search....more
With a worldwide mission to share the towed watersports experience with new participants, the fourth annual #PassTheHandle initiative is scheduled for this Sunday....more
Did you miss...?
Yamaha Motor Corp. said today that it acquired Bennett Marine.
The NMMA said the data show that total recreational marine expenditures reached a high of $36 billion in 2016.
- Premier Marine files for bankruptcy protection 8 comments
- Volvo Penta has deal to buy Seven Marine 7 comments
- Malibu has deal to buy Cobalt Boats 5 comments
- Electrical deaths raise awareness as summer starts 4 comments
- Fisheries management bill introduced in Senate 4 comments
Success in the marketplace is what your company wants. How does the company president show that this success is a goal?...more
I’m saying it again: I’m all in when it comes to professional development. The minute you stop learning is the minute you start down the path to obsolescence. Change cracks the whip at lightning speed....more
Sportfishing interests from around the world will converge in Orlando, Fla., July 11-14 for the International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades show, widely known as ICAST. If your business has any connection to the hook, line and sinker set, this is the show to attend....more
- Product Design/Marine Service Engineer & Customer Service positions-Ilmor
- Marine Services General Manager – Stamford, CT
- Dock Master at Premier Marina in Washington D.C.
- Regional OEM Applications Engineer-Yamaha Marine Group
- Technical Service Manager-Suzuki Marine
- Management, Service, Operations Positions-Safe Harbor Marinas
- District Sales, Boat Builder Manager-Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
- Regional Sales Manager -Walker Bay
- Mold Maintenance and Fiberglass Patch and Detail positions-Regulator Marine
- Marine Service Manager and Service Tech Positions -Suntex Marinas
Last year was “an extraordinary year” for Bob Johnstone, who founded MJM Yachts in 2002 and was co-founder many years earlier of J Boats Inc.
Regulation and technology have played a role, but the real force driving the industry’s environmental transformation is the enlighted consumer
Marine industry isn’t alone in its struggle to attract a qualified workforce, as concern over shortages spreads to other fields
As chief of marketing and planning, Olivier Pierini implements ‘bold’ strategies to propel the brand to segment dominance
Marking another milestone in its recovery, the U.S. recreational boat industry sold more than 250,000 boats in 2016 for the first time in eight years.