Judges selected for MAATS Innovation AwardsPosted on
The National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International have announced judges for the 2008 MAATS Innovation Awards, presented during the Marine Aftermarket Accessories Trade Show July 17 in Las Vegas.
The Innovation Awards judges panel is comprised of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine accessories. Judges are selected to participate on the panel by the BWI Awards Committee, directed by Zuzana Prochazka.
Serving as judges for this year’s MAATS Innovation Awards are:
• Jan Mundy (MAATS Awards Chair), editor, DIY Boat Owner magazine
• Charles Doane, editor at large, SAIL magazine
• Ben Ellison, electronics editor, Power & Motoryacht magazine, and author of electronics blog Panbo.com
• Alan Jones, executive editor, Boating World magazine
• Prochazka, staff writer, Latitudes & Attitudes magazine
• Randy Vance, editor in chief, Boating Life magazine
• Alan Wendt, editor, Marine CEO magazine
NMMA and BWI will recognize up to nine new products, plus one Environmental Award at this year’s MAATS.
The 2008 installment of MAATS brings together more than 300 exhibitors displaying products in the Las Vegas Convention Center July 16-18. For information on MAATS, visit www.nmma.org/maats, or contact NMMA trade events manager Kathleen Clickett at (312) 946-6252; email@example.com.