Sail announces Pittman awardsPosted on
Sail magazine recognized 15 sailing products for its 2009 Pittman Innovation Awards.
The products will be featured in the magazine’s February issue, as well as at Sail’s Innovation Station Jan. 29-Feb. 1 during the Strictly Sail Chicago Boat Show.
The winners are as follows:
- Peter Nielsen’s Cruising Gear awards went to the Ronstan Boom Tent, Vesper Marine’s AISWatchMate, and Tallon Marine’s RIB receivers.
- In the Racing Gear category, David Schmidt chose the Spinlock’s ZS Jammer 1014B, Harken’s TTR Airblocks, and the Karver’s K-BTI Smart Block.
- In the Safety Gear category, Schmidt chose Colligo Marine for its Emergency Shroud Kit.
- In the Electronics category, electronics expert Ben Ellison recognized ActiveCaptain Mobile, Navico’s broadband radar, Furuno’sStandard Horizon’s HX850S hand-held VHF. NavNet 3D, and
- Jay Paris’ Systems choices include the Walker Bay Airdock, the Steyr Motors hybrid, Maretron’s SIM100 and ACM100, and Evrsafe Marine Technologies’ ISS-1040 toxic gas detection system.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.