Innovation Awards handed out in MiamiPosted on
MIAMI BEACH — Seven products were honored for innovation Thursday afternoon at the Miami International Boat Show.
Presented by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International, the Innovation Awards recognize products that stand out from other products currently manufactured, their benefit to the industry, their practicality and cost-effectiveness, and their availability to consumers within 60 days.
A total of 41 products were entered in eight categories.
“The judges were impressed with the products entered and able to recognize winners in six categories, including an Environmental Award and two honorable mentions,” said Zuzana Prochazka, Innovation Awards chair, member of the BWI board, and a writer for Latitudes and Attitudes magazine.
Here are the winners:
• Consumer Electronics and Software: Simrad BR-24 broadband radar. An honorable mention was given to CrossRate eLGPS 1110.
• Consumer Installed Non-Electronic Hardware: Vetus Easy Tank.
• Inboard and Outboard Power Cruisers (co-winners): Aspen Power Catamarans L80 Launch and Marlow 70E. An honorable mention was given to the Boston Whaler 280.
• PWC, Jet Boats and Pontoon Boats: Sea Doo GTX iS PWC.
• Runabouts and Fishing Craft to 24 feet: Mako 18 Light Tackle Skiff.
• Environmental Award: Island Pilot DSe 12m Hybrid.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.