J.D. Power awards handed out this morningPosted on
MIAMI BEACH — J.D. Power and Associates this morning handed out 11 awards to boatbuilders and engine manufacturers that received the highest marks from consumers.
The good news, according to Todd Markusic, senior director of the power sports practice, is that overall consumer satisfaction for engines, boats, sales and service increased across the board in this year’s survey. The survey also noted a drop in the number of problems reported per boat.
“This is something the industry has to be applauded for,” Markusic said. “Now is the time, more than ever, to have a satisfied customer.”
This year’s winners include:
• Bass Boat Segment: Bass Cat, which ranked highest for the fifth consecutive year.
• Coastal Fishing Segment (17 to 30 feet): Grady-White, which ranked highest for the eighth consecutive year.
• Express Cruiser Segment (24 to 33 feet): Regal (third consecutive year) and Sea Ray.
• Small Runabout Segment (16 to 19 feet): Sea Ray.
• Large Runabout Segment (20 to 29 feet): Cobalt, which ranked highest for the eighth consecutive year.
• Pontoon Segment: Bennington.
• Ski/Wakeboard Segment: Nautique by Correct Craft, which ranked highest for the seventh consecutive reporting year.
• Outboard DI 2-Stroke Segment: Evinrude.
• Outboard EFI 4-Stroke Segment: Honda.
• Sterndrive EFI Segment: Volvo Penta, which ranked highest for the second consecutive year.
• Inboard EFI Segment: Pleasurecraft Engine Group, which ranked highest for the fourth consecutive year.
The survey is based on responses from 9,790 owners who registered a new boat between June 2007 and May 2008.
Click here for more on the boatbuilder results.
Look for more on the latest results of the J.D. Power and Associates Boat Competitive Information Study in the March issue of Soundings Trade Only.
— Beth Rosenberg