Judges named for Innovation AwardsPosted on
The National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International have announced the judges for this year’s Miami Innovation Awards, presented this week during the Miami International Boat Show and Strictly Sail Miami.
The awards will be presented from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Thursday in meeting room A101/102 of the Miami Beach Convention Center.
The judges committee consists of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine accessories. Zuzana Prochazka, chair of the BWI Innovation Awards Committee and a staff writer for Latitudes & Attitudes magazine, will serve as the Miami Innovation Awards chair.
Other BWI members participating on the committee for this years Miami Innovation Awards include:
- Charles J. Doane, editor-at-large for Sail magazine
- Alan Jones, executive editor of Boating World magazine
- Jan Mundy, co-founder and editor of DIY Boat Owner magazine
- Lenny Rudow, author and freelance writer for Marlin, Salt Water Sportsman, Boating World and Chesapeake Bay magazines
- Tim Queeney, editor of Ocean Navigator magazine
- Alan Wendt, editor of Marine CEO and Adventures magazines.
The 2009 Miami Innovation Awards are the industrys highest honor for innovative and technological achievement.