BoatU.S. honors women in boatingPosted on
The latest issue of BoatU.S. Magazine pays tribute to 11 women considered leaders in recreational boating.
“More women are having an impact on recreational boating and sailing,” said Nancy Michelman, the magazine’s publisher, in a statement. “The 11 women who are the focus of our story have turned their passion for being on the water into impressive careers and leadership roles that inspire us all.”
The story features:
* Doris Colgate, co-owner, CEO and president of Steve and Doris Colgate’s Offshore Sailing School.
* Katrin Theodoli, owner of high-performance boat manufacturer Magnum Marine.
* Anna Tunnicliffe, 2008 Olympic gold medalist, 2008 Rolex Yachtswoman of The Year and the No. 1 ranked women’s Laser Radial sailor in the world.
* Dallas Friday, champion wakeboarder, 2004 ESPY award winner for Best Female Action Sport Athlete and voted the No. 1 Female Rider for the last eight years.
* Kris Carroll, president of Grady-White Boats since 1993.
* Dawn Riley, who held leading roles in three America’s Cup campaigns.
* Elizabeth Meyer, restorer of classic wooden race boats and co-founder of the International Yacht Restoration School in Newport, R.I.
* Maureen McKinnon-Tucker, a disabled sailor who became the first woman to win a gold medal in Paralympic sailing.
* Lenora Clark, a board member of the Recreational Boaters of California and second-term member of the California Boating and Waterways Commission.
* Kathy Magers, former women’s bass fishing national champion and two-time Hall of Famer, now an adviser to the Women’s Sport Fishing Foundation.
* Betty Bauman, American Sportfishing Association Woman of the Year and founder of “Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!”
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.