Brunswick CEO to keynote bankers conventionPosted on
Brunswick Corp. chairman and CEO Dustan McCoy will give the keynote address in November at the 30th annual Marine Lending Conference.
Produced by the National Marine Bankers Association, the conference will be held Nov. 8-11 at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa in Hilton Head, S.C.
McCoy will discuss his views on when and how the boat business will recover. His presentation will correspond with the various business sessions focusing on funding, credit management, collateral and the industry’s future.
Specific sessions will include:
- Economic Update: Wells Fargo Bank’s Gina Martin returns to the conference to offer views on credit market turmoil, as well as an industry and economic forecast.
- Solving the Mysteries of Credit Scoring: A panel discussion on credit scoring with representatives from the Consumer Data Industry Association and a dominant credit reporting agency.
- Details of the Red Flag Program: A program to help prevent identity theft and other types of fraud boating businesses need to guard against, as mandated by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Determining Collateral Values: Learn how remarketers and lenders can stay current, plus discuss views on methodology and trends.
- Nuts and Bolts Presentation: NMBA president Jim Coburn offers guidance on federal stimulus programs to provide retail and wholesale financing, as well as updates from the American Vessel Documentation Association on U.S. Coast Guard documentation, legislative issues, Grow Boating efforts and other industry initiatives.