Judges named for IBEX Innovation AwardsPosted on
Judges were announced for the Innovation Awards being presented during next month’s International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference.
The Innovation Awards judges’ committee consists of Boating Writers International members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine OEM products and equipment. The committee is chaired by Roger Marshall, past president of BWI, yacht designer and freelance writer.
Rounding out the panel of judges for this year’s IBEX Innovation Awards are:
- Jim Barron, senior technical editor, Trailer Boats
- Dean Travis Clarke, executive editor of Sport Fishing, Marlin and Fly Fishing in Salt Waters, and host of Sport Fishing Magazine TV
- Glen Justice, editor, Mad Mariner
- Marilyn Mower, editor, Southern Boating and Marine Business Journal
- Bill Pike, senior editor, Power & Motoryacht
- Alan Wendt, editor, Marine CEO
The National Marine Manufacturers Association and BWI will recognize up to nine new products, plus one Environmental Award, at this year’s IBEX. Winners will be recognized Oct. 14 during the annual Industry Awards Breakfast at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
The deadline for submitting products for consideration in the IBEX Innovation Awards is today. Contact NMMA trade events project manager Melissa Gurniewicz at (312) 946-6281; firstname.lastname@example.org.