Waterfront access symposium seeks submissionsPosted on
The Working Waterways and Waterfronts National Symposium on Water Access 2010, set for Sept. 27-30 in Portland, Maine, is seeking abstract submissions.
The deadline for submission is Jan. 22.
The symposium will provide a forum to help communities, organizations, businesses and individuals address waterfront access challenges by showcasing successful models and tools from around the country.
Organizers are seeking abstracts from:
- Federal, state, regional and local government officials, staff and decision-makers
- Members of the commercial and recreational fishing, boating, marine and tourism industries
- Port, harbor and navigation district authorities
- Commercial and residential real estate developers
- Residential property and business owners
- Economic development, community development and historic preservation professionals
- Non-profit organizations
- Environmental and maritime consultants
- Academic researchers and students