Boatyard open house set for AugustPosted on
Maine Built Boats will work with boatbuilders, boatyards and affiliated businesses around the state to present “Open Boatyard Days” Aug. 16-17, offering the public the opportunity to tour boating-relating companies.
“This is a unique opportunity for the public to learn more about boatbuilding in Maine and to see firsthand the passion that boatbuilders have for their art,” said Jane Wellehan, president of Maine Built Boats, in a statement. “Earlier this year, I led a group from Mystic Seaport on a tour of five boatbuilders and the people were incredibly impressed. We want to open these yards up to anyone interested in boatbuilding in Maine.”
The event will build upon the Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors Show, held Aug. 13-15 in Rockland.
“Response so far has been tremendous,” said Wellehan. “Companies from all parts of the state and all parts of our industry have agreed to open their doors to the public.”
Companies (by region) committed to date are:
- Kittery to Portland: Clint Chase Boatbuilder, Kittery Point Yacht Yard, Portland Yacht Services
- Sebago Lake Region: Sabre Yachts
- Portland to Brunswick: Six River Marine
- Boothbay Region: Samoset Boatworks
- Mid-Coast: Artisan Boatworks, Back Cove Yachts, Johanson Boatworks, Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding, Rockport Marine
- Belfast: French & Webb
- Brooklin Peninsula: Brooklin Boatyard, Hewes & Company, WoodenBoat School
- Mount Desert Island: Classic Boat Shop, Ellis Boat Company, The Hinckley Company (Trenton location), John Williams Boat Company, Morris Yachts, Nautilus Marine, Ralph W. Stanley Inc., Wilbur Yachts
- Down East: The Boat School, West Bay Boats
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.