NMMA to host congressional lobbying webinarPosted on
In advance of next month’s American Boating Congress, the National Marine Manufacturers Association is hosting a webinar Thursday on how to get the most out of a visit to Capitol Hill.
During the one-hour webinar, which begins at 2 p.m. (EDT), the NMMA’s government relations staff will review the recreational boating industry’s most important policy issues and how to best communicate them to legislators during ABC, which takes place May 4-5.
The webinar offers attendees an opportunity to get an in-depth briefing, ask questions and download policy briefs and talking points in advance. First-time attendees will especially benefit from a “Hill Visits 101″ overview at the end of the webinar.
Policy issues will include:
- The state of the U.S. marine industry: how economic conditions affect marine jobs, sales and production
- An overview of the 112th Congress and efforts to rebuild the Congressional Boating Caucus
- Local and national efforts to require adults to wear life jackets and what is being done to ensure a transparent process, with ample feedback from boaters
- Developments in ethanol policy and the NMMA’s ongoing legal challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency
- Tax and trade issues
- Updates on efforts to reauthorize the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, which funds important angling and boating programs
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.