NMMA to host congressional lobbying webinarPosted on
In advance of next month’s American Boating Congress, the National Marine Manufacturers Association is hosting a webinar Thursday on how to get the most out of a visit to Capitol Hill.
During the one-hour webinar, which begins at 2 p.m. (EDT), the NMMA’s government relations staff will review the recreational boating industry’s most important policy issues and how to best communicate them to legislators during ABC, which takes place May 4-5.
The webinar offers attendees an opportunity to get an in-depth briefing, ask questions and download policy briefs and talking points in advance. First-time attendees will especially benefit from a “Hill Visits 101” overview at the end of the webinar.
Policy issues will include:
- The state of the U.S. marine industry: how economic conditions affect marine jobs, sales and production
- An overview of the 112th Congress and efforts to rebuild the Congressional Boating Caucus
- Local and national efforts to require adults to wear life jackets and what is being done to ensure a transparent process, with ample feedback from boaters
- Developments in ethanol policy and the NMMA’s ongoing legal challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency
- Tax and trade issues
- Updates on efforts to reauthorize the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, which funds important angling and boating programs