Judges named for IBEX Innovation AwardsPosted on
The National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International today announced judges for the 2011 IBEX Innovation Awards, which will be presented Oct. 17-19 during the upcoming International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Award winners will be recognized at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 17 during the annual IBEX Industry Breakfast.
The Innovation Awards judges committee is composed of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have expertise in marine OEM products and equipment.
The committee is chaired by Alan Wendt, past editor of Marine CEO, Getaways and Adventures magazines and a contributor to TalkoftheDock.com.
Rounding out the panel of judges for the Innovation Awards are:
• Zuzana Prochazka, editor of TalkoftheDock.com; technical editor of Latitudes & Attitudes; freelancer for publications that include Sea, Sail, Yachtworld, Lakeland Boating and DIY Boatowner; president, BWI
• Frank Lanier, accredited marine surveyor; public speaker; and contributor to numerous publications, including Sea, Practical Sailor, Lakeland Boating and Southern Boating
• Susan Canfield, accredited marine surveyor; technical writer; and WoodenBoat School instructor
• Roger McAfee, former lawyer; contributor to Pacific Yachting, Sea magazine, Southern Boating, Lakeland Boating, ShowBoats International and Dockwalk; past president of the Metal Boat Society
• Brady Kay, editor of Pontoon & Deckboat magazine and Houseboat magazine
• Patricia Kearns, former ABYC technical assistant; contributor to DIY Magazine; founder and CEO of the Marine Experts Group; maritime consultant; and a frequent speaker at IBEX
The NMMA and BWI will recognize as many as 13 new products and give an Environmental Award at IBEX.
The submission deadline for Innovation Award entries is Sept. 20. The application form can be downloaded at IBEXShow.com. Contact Melissa Gurniewicz at (312) 946-6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.