Family will sue marina in electrocution deathPosted on
The family of a teenager who was electrocuted while swimming at Clinch Park Marina in Traverse City, Mich., was expected to announce a lawsuit this morning against the city-owned marina.
Lawyers Geoffery Fieger and Dean Robb were set to announce the filing of a $50 million lawsuit at a morning press conference.
Michael Knudsen, 18, died Aug. 15 while swimming with friends.
In a statement, Fieger said bad wiring at the docks caused the teen’s death and that the marina knew about the problem before the accident.
Traverse City city manager Ben Bifoss told Interlochen Public Radio he was aware that a lawsuit was likely, but declined to comment.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.