RBFF releases Anglers’ Legacy surveyPosted on
The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation’s Anglers’ Legacy program continues to have a positive effect on the fishing and boating industry, according to a new survey, the foundation said.
The annual survey shows that program participants, known as ambassadors, introduce an average of 64 percent more newcomers to the sport than non-ambassadors. Ambassadors also spend, on average, $650 more annually than non-ambassadors on boating- and fishing-related products, travel and services, according to RBFF.
“Anglers’ Legacy continues to prove its value to the industry and the future of the sport,” RBFF president and CEO Frank Peterson said in a statement. “We are looking at some new ways to engage ambassadors and reward them for their efforts, which are critical to growing participation in fishing and boating and supporting state conservation efforts.”
Key findings include:
Ambassadors are introducing youth and newcomers to fishing.
• Ambassadors took an average of 3.9 newcomers fishing within the last 12 months, 64 percent more than non-ambassadors.
• Ambassadors introduce an average of 2.5 youths to fishing annually; non-ambassadors introduce an average of 1.5 youths.
• Almost all ambassadors (98 percent) believe that the newcomers they introduced to fishing will continue to fish.
Ambassadors are fishing frequently — many from a boat.
• More than 60 percent have fished from a boat in the last year.
• More than 60 percent of ambassadors own a boat or other type of watercraft; 55 percent of non-ambassadors do not.
Ambassadors generate significant revenue for the industry.
• Ambassadors spend, on average, $650 more annually than non-ambassadors on boating- and fishing-related products, travel and services.
• Almost nine in 10 (88 percent) ambassadors report purchasing fishing licenses for themselves or for someone else within the last 12 months.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.