NMMA seeks Innovation Awards entries for MiamiPosted on
Entries are being accepted for the 2012 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail Innovation Awards, the National Marine Manufacturers Association announced.
The awards presentation will take place from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Feb. 16 during the show’s annual Industry Breakfast.
Innovation Awards are judged by Boating Writers International in recognition of exceptionally innovative new consumer marine products, and will be on display throughout the show, which runs Feb. 16-20 at the Miami Beach Convention Center, Sea Isle Marine and Miamarina at Bayside.
The NMMA and BWI will recognize as many as 16 new products, plus one Environmental Award. Exhibiting companies can submit products for consideration in the following categories:
• Applications and Mobile Software
• Runabouts and Fishing Craft to 24 feet
• Cruisers (25 feet to 60 feet, including fishing craft)
• Cruisers (61 feet and up)
• PWC and Jet Boats
• Pontoons and Deckboats
• Sailboats (mono, multihull)
• Docking and Fendering Equipment (owner-installed docks, boat whips, boatlifts, davits, cranes, fenders or fendering systems, etc.)
• Consumer Electronics and Software
• Consumer Personal Gear and Soft Goods
• Consumer Installed Non-Electronic Hardware (equipment must be non-electronic and can be deck equipment, such as anchors, BBQs, blocks, winches/winch handles or interior hardware, such as screens, vents, etc.)
• Water Sports and Equipment (fun, non-safety-related products and fishing products)
• Outboard Engines
• Consumer Safety Equipment
• Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories
• Inflatables, Small Boats (up to 15 feet) and Tenders
All boats entered in the Innovation Awards must be NMMA-certified.