IGY Marinas schedules superyacht seminarPosted on
IGY Marinas announced that the U.S. Superyacht Association’s Captains’ Briefing at The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol on St. Martin will be held Jan. 16-17.
The two-day extended seminar will be held along with The Maritime Security Council, as well as several other sponsors that are helping the event take shape.
Program highlights for the Captains’ Briefing include security presentations and exercises and U.S. entry and flag state audits, all of which accompany a certificate of completion. Nightly cocktail parties are planned as well.
The two-day event schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2-5 p.m.:
• Welcome to St. Martin, prime minister address
• U.S. Coast Guard security initiatives in the Caribbean Basin (Admiral Baumgarten)
• Weapons on board your vessel: Overview of international laws, regulations and considerations
• Situational awareness and security technology: How technology can help you improve your awareness
• How ISPS/SOLAS affect security decisions: International regulations and their implications to your security plans
• Table-top exercise for large yachts
• Questions, wrap-up
Thursday Jan. 17, 2 to 5 p.m.:
• Welcome to SXM: John Mann, chairman of the U.S. Superyacht Association (industry updates and USSA program focus in 2013)
• STCW Manila Amendments: How its implementation will affect your license and crew certification
• Come see U.S. update: Cruising the United States this summer? Get updates on how the USSA is making it easier for boats to come and cruise U.S. waters
• Port state control and flag state audits/Paris MOU: Common deficiencies that can cause your boat compliance issues
• MLC update: What’s happening with the implementation?
• “Make the Left” destination U.S. West Coast and America’s Cup events update
• Wrapup and thank sponsors, next USSA event