MRAA elects new officers for 2013Posted on
The Marine Retailers Association of the Americas elected new officers and regional directors and appointed new at-large directors for 2013 during its annual meeting at the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla.
The following officers were elected:
• Chairman: Steve Baum of Boat Owners Warehouse (Fort Lauderdale)
• Vice chairman: Randy Wattenbarger of Cleveland Boat Center (Cleveland, Tenn.)
• Secretary/treasurer: Joe Lewis of Mount Dora Boating Center (Mount Dora, Fla.)
• David Foulkrod of Ron Hoover RV & Marine (Rockport, Texas) will serve as immediate past chairman.
Elected to three-year terms as regional directors were:
• Rob Soucy of Port Harbor Marine (South Portland, Maine) as Region 1 director (Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont)
• Jeff Strong of Strong’s Marine (Mattituck, N.Y.) as Region 2 director (Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island)
• Darren Plymale of Galati Yacht Sales (Anna Maria, Fla.) as Region 5 director (Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi)
• Nancy Smith of Colorado Boat Center (Loveland, Colo.) as Region 8 director (Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming)
• Carly Poole of Buckeye Marine Center (Bobcaygeon, Ontario) as Region 11 director (Canada)
“We appreciate the incredible contributions of our 2012 officers and board members,” MRAA president Matt Gruhn said in a statement. “Under their guidance, the MRAA put in place a long-term strategic plan and took some giant leaps forward on many of the initiatives within that plan. As 2013 gets under way we look forward to what we can accomplish with the fresh energy and ideas of our new officers and board members.”
Incoming chairman Steve Baum appointed four at-large directors to one-year terms:
• Don MacKenzie of Boats Inc. (Niantic, Conn.)
• Brett McGill of MarineMax Inc. (Clearwater, Fla.)
• Larry Tague of Lake Viking Marine (Gallatin, Mo.)
• Ryan Hebert of Texas Marine (Beaumont, Texas)
“We’ve achieved a great deal over the course of the last year, and we’re excited to have an influx of new perspectives on our board,” Baum said in a statement. “We expect that by combining some new thinking and new approaches with the experience of our current board members we can continue the momentum of the past year while uncovering new opportunities.”
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.