Deadline set in Connecticut to register for Sandy aidPosted on Written by Michael LaBella
Residents of the four Connecticut counties that suffered damage as a result of Hurricane Sandy and were declared disaster areas must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency by Dec. 31 to begin the disaster assistance process.
“With the deadline less than a month away, it’s critical that any residents in the shoreline counties who experienced damage from Sandy register with FEMA to determine whether you qualify for disaster assistance,” Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said in a statement.
To date, more than $9.2 million in federal assistance has been approved to help individuals in Connecticut with disaster expenses from the storm.
Residents of Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London counties and businesses across the state that suffered damage as a result of Sandy should click here to register with FEMA.
· 10,626 Connecticut residents in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven, and New London counties, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and the Mohegan Tribal Nation located within New London County have registered for federal disaster assistance.
· More than $9.2 million has been approved for housing assistance, including short-term rental assistance and home repair costs.
· More than $481,000 has been approved to cover other essential disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses and lost personal possessions.
· 5,215 inspections of damaged properties have been conducted.
· 8,188 disaster loan applications have been issued by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Of that number, 6,497 are for home loans and 1,691 are applications from businesses. More than $4.8 million in SBA loans have been approved to date.
For additional information, visit www.ct.gov/sandy.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.