Online training courses start in JanuaryPosted on
ProBoat E-Training announced the winter schedule for its Web-based courses that start in January.
Upcoming courses include:
• Rhino for Marine Designers: Learn to enhance boat and yacht design skills with Rhino 3-D Modeling software.
• Intro to Marine Electrical Systems Part One: Learn terminology, theory and practical knowledge regarding marine electrical systems.
• Intro to Marine Electrical Systems Part Two: Learn terminology, theory and practical knowledge regarding marine electrical systems, specifically batteries, circuit protection, distribution panels and wiring design.
• Designing Yacht Interiors: This interactive course in interior design will introduce pupils to a number of elements and details to be considered when making decisions about materials, colors, textures, furnishings and work flow.
• Color-Matching Gelcoat: Learn about types and causes of damage, how to document your repair work and how to prepare the surface.
• Load Capacity and Flotation: This highly technical course covers the rules and standards for maximum weight capacity of small boats; calculating displacement weight and maximum weight capacity; testing a boat for displacement and maximum weight; rules, calculations, and installation procedures for flotation; and Coast Guard and ABYC regulations.
• Propeller Selection for Boats and Small Ships: Materials for this course include a 32-page text, as well as prop-calculating formulae and spreadsheets created by the instructor.
• The Marine Survey Report: Writing skills for surveyors.
• The Marine Survey Report Practicum: An instructor will critique one or more of attendees’ existing survey reports, showing where and how to improve work.
Tech for Trainers: Attendees learn how PBE-T works, will be introduced to ProBoat’s learning platform (MOODLE) and learn best practices for teaching online. This course is free to those willing to help create new short courses for ProBoat eTraining.
Click here to access the Open House. Log-in with your PBE-T username and password.