Charleston Boat Show opens FridayPosted on
The 33rd annual Charleston Boat Show in South Carolina will open Friday and continue through Sunday at the Charleston Area Convention Center.
Sponsored by Mercury, this year’s show features a variety of the latest models, with many offered at discount prices. The region’s leading dealers will showcase powerboats that include sport cruisers, motor and express yachts, sportfishing boats, center console fishing boats, bass boats, bowriders, deck and aluminum boats, runabouts, bay boats, shallow water flat skiffs, jet skis and family cruisers.
Highlights of the show include:
• Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson, hosts of the Animal Planet show “Hillbilly Handfishin.’ ” Learn how they teach everyday folks how to catch massive catfish with their hands and feet.
• Wild Wing Cafe and radio station Q104.5 team up for this year’s Wing Eating Contest; the grand prize is a Yeti cooler valued at $500.
• Local archer Ella Kokinda is scheduled Sunday to demonstrate her talents. Featured on ESPN and Inside Edition, the Goose Creek, S.C., teenager is the state champion and the second-ranked female in the National Archery in the Schools program nationwide.
• The Coastal Fishing Expo provides fishing seminars, demonstrations and one-on-one discussion with local experts. The seminars are for fishermen of all levels.
• Adults and children are invited to test their skills at a fishing simulator presented by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
• Wild Wing Cafe will serve wings, nuggets, barbecue sandwiches, tater tots and house chips.
• Children will be entertained with activities such as face painting, Loco Lazer Tag and Bouncy Houses.
The show is hosted by the Tri-County Marine Trade Association and produced by JBM & Associates. Sponsors include Mercury Marine, Allstate boat insurance and Stage Presence Event Rentals.