New York Boat Show opens todayPosted on
The Progressive Insurance New York Boat Show opened this morning at the Javits Center in Manhattan.
The show runs through Sunday and provides post-holiday deals on boats that include luxury motoryachts, sportfish cruisers, performance boats and sailboats, and marine accessories.
Show highlights include:
• Scuba dive by day and paddleboard by night: The new Dive Equipment & Marketing Association’s “Be a Diver” heated pool offers visitors the opportunity to try scuba diving and paddleboarding in a 15,000-gallon heated pool.
• Visitors can get an up-close look at Queen Bee, a 26-foot boat that survived a 3,000-mile, three-year unmanned journey across the Atlantic Ocean. Hear the harrowing tale of survival from owner Scott Douglas, who was thrown overboard by a rogue wave and swam to safety.
• Wakeboarding superstars Phil and Bob Soven, who star in MTV’s “WakeBrothers,” will chat with fans about their “extreme” experiences as two of the nation’s top-rated professional wakeboarders (Friday and Saturday only).
• Check out the “Queen of the Show.” Each year, the largest boat at the show is named queen. The 2013 Sea Ray Sundancer 510 has earned the title this year.
• “Boating 101” workshops by Welcome to the Water experts; DIY seminars and hands-on maintenance/repair workshops at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center; informative, free and entertaining daily sessions hosted by top local fishing pros at the Fishing University; and Pre-show Premier Boating Workshops offered by The Annapolis School of Seamanship that help beginners and experienced boaters take their on-the-water skills to the next level.
• Powerboat Docking Challenge: New and experienced boaters can become more confident at the helm as they steer and dock a four-foot, twin-engine, remote-controlled powerboat from a life-size helm.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.