Northwest Sportshow reports attendance boostPosted on
Attendance at the 2013 Progressive Insurance Northwest Sportshow was up 28 percent from last year, according to National Marine Manufacturers Association spokeswoman Sarah Ryser.
The show closed Sunday and the four-day event drew 36,138 attendees to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Last year’s show was held over five days.
“It was great to see thousands of genuine outdoors enthusiasts come to the show and we’ve heard from several exhibitors of strong leads and sales on products ranging from new boats and RVs to fishing gear and travel excursions,” show manager Jennifer Thompson said in an NMMA statement. “The new travel seminar series was well received by attendees, participating exhibitors and media; and the LumberJack Feud entertainment show and Animal Planet’s Hillbilly Handfishin’ folks were also a hit with media and attendees.”
The “great outdoors” was the talk of Minneapolis during the weekend. Media highlights of the show included:
• Sportshow a Can’t Miss Event for Outdoors Enthusiasts, WCCO-TV, CBS
• Northwest Sportshow Begins at Convention Center, KARE-TV, NBC
• What you need and what you need to know found at the Sportshow, Minneapolis Star Tribune
• Throw Axes, Fly Fish at Northwest Sportshow, WCCO-TV, CBS
• Hillbilly Handfishin’, Twin Cities Live, ABC
Up next for NMMA shows: the 2013 Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show runs June 13-16; and the Progressive Insurance San Diego International Boat Show runs June 20-23.