International Sailing Summit runs Aug. 18-20Posted on
Sail America opens its International Sailing Summit Aug. 18 in San Francisco in conjunction with the America’s Cup racing that’s under way.
The summit will open with a welcome reception from 6 to 8 p.m. at the St. Francis Yacht Club, following an optional afternoon of Louis Vuitton challenger races viewed from a special roped-off area for ISS participants.
A day and a half of seminars and networking opportunities will follow. Seminar topics include the state of the industry, the next generation of sailors and the future of sailing.
Among the speakers are:
• Thom Dammrich, president of the NMMA
• Frank Savage, Savage Holdings LLC
• Efrem “Skip” Zimbalist III, chairman and CEO of Active Interest Media (Trade Only’s parent company)
• Iain Murray and Stan Honey, America’s Cup Race Management
• Johnny Heineken, 2012 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year
Registering for the ISS is required to attend the reception and dinner. A limited number of on-site tickets will be available. Sail America recommends registering prior to Aug. 15.
There will be no parking at the yacht club during the summit because of the America’s Cup.