Newport show hands out Edson AwardsPosted on
The Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport (R.I.) International Boat Show, announced the winners of this year’s Edson Awards for Excellence in Portraying Company Image.
Presented by Edson International president Will Keene and given to companies whose display and employees exemplify pride and professionalism, the awards were presented to four category winners, each of whom received a $1,000 credit toward their 2014 show contract costs from the show producers. Edson also awarded a Star of the Show plaque to an overall winner.
The 2013 awardees are:
• Best Overall Display and Edson Star of the Show award: Beneteau, presented by Cape Yachts
• Best In-Water Powerboat Display: Beneteau, presented by Cape Yachts
• Best In-Water Sailboat Display: Tartan/C&C Yachts
• Best Land Display: Catwalk, by Helly Hansen Newport
• Best Booth Display: Conanicut Marina/Latitude Yacht Sales
“Overall, the exhibitors at the 43rd annual Newport International Boat Show delivered a high level of professionalism. It was very difficult to choose the best displays,” Keane said in a statement.
“Exhibits were judged by an independent group and assessed on cohesive branding throughout; eye-catching and inviting set-up; well-dressed, friendly, knowledgeable staff; brochures and business cards readily available; a neat and clean environment; and no smartphone use in their booths.”
The Newport show was held from Sept. 12-15.