ABBRA announces conference speakersPosted on
The American Boat Builders and Repairers Association announced its lineup of speakers for its 2014 Boatyard Business Conference.
Registration is now open for the event, which takes place Jan. 22-24 at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale and will update participants on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding sector, ABBRA announced.
The conference is titled “Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow’s Boat Building and Repair Industry.” Speakers include:
• Mark Lindsay, principal, Boston Boat Works/MJM Yachts: “The Practical Application of ‘Reflect, Rethink & Refocus’ for Your 2014 Business Plan”
• Tracy Mandart, AWMA, wealth manager, Regions Bank, Fort Lauderdale: “Succession & Transition Business Planning Is a Hallmark of Leadership”
• John McKnight, NMMA, and Jerry Nessenson, ValvTect: “The Facts About Ethanol, Alternatives and What They Mean for Boatyards & Builders”
• Chris Niles, UBS: “Reflect, Rethink and Refocus on the Economy”
• Jillian Murphy, The Syncretics Group: “Leadership at the Edge”
Members who register before Dec. 8 pay $295 and non-members pay $395. After Dec. 8 rates increase to $395 for members and $495 for non-members.