Regulator Marine continues 25th anniversary celebrationPosted on
As Regulator Marine celebrates 25 years in business, the North Carolina-based boatbuilder highlights the people behind the company’s success with two events: Regulator Marine University, a two-day training and team-building event for dealers, and “25 Days of Appreciation,” a Regulator employee appreciation event.
Created in 2000, Regulator Marine University equips dealer principals and salespeople with tools and product knowledge.
This year’s Regulator Marine University took place Nov. 11-12 and was its largest to date, welcoming more than 50 team members to Edenton, N.C., for two days of intensive training, workshops and a special awards ceremony to honor the following dealers and dealerships:
• Dealer of the year — Comstock Yacht Sales, Brick, N.J.
• National salesperson of the year — Mike Hayes of Suffolk Marine, Babylon, N.Y.
• Northeast salesperson of the year — Mike Hayes, Suffolk Marine
• Mid Atlantic salesperson of the year — Jud Black of Bluewater Yacht Sales in Virginia and Shane Logsdon, Regulator of Charleston
• Southeast salesperson of the year — Kevin Hunter, Bluewater Yacht Sales in Alabama
“Regulator Marine University is the perfect opportunity for us to instill in our dealers a sense of pride in the products they are selling and the people they are working with,” Regulator Marine president Joan Maxwell said in a statement. “It provides our dealer network with a more thorough understanding of our products and the construction process, ultimately making them better prepared to take care of Regulator customers and leads.”
As Regulator Marine University came to a close, Regulator started “25 days of Appreciation” at the Edenton headquarters. For 25 days, Regulator employees will participate in initiatives such as “Penny Day,” when employees dole out pennies with compliments to their colleagues, and “Hump Day Break,” when employees are given extra time off for their midday break to celebrate each team member and that person’s contribution to the company.