U.S. Superyacht Association names 2013-14 boardPosted on
The U.S. Superyacht Association has announced its 2013-14 board of directors, which was elected in October.
John Mann III, of Bluewater Books and Charts, will continue as chairman.
He is joined on the executive committee by Kristina Hebert of Ward’s Marine Electric, who will be vice chairman; Peter Schrappen, of the Northwest Marine Trade Association, and Corey Ranslem, of International Maritime Security Associates Inc., advocacy co-chairmen; Tim Davey, of ISS GMT, immediate past chairman; Bert Fowles, of IGY Marinas, marketing chairman; Mark Cline, of the Cline Financial Group, treasurer; and Jim Perry, of Perry & Neblett, P.A., general counsel.
Regional board members, who are elected for a one-year term, are:
• Ami Ira, Crew Unlimited/C.U. Yacht Charters (Southeast Region)
• Jay Dayton, Avon Dixon Agency (Mid-Atlantic Region)
• John Clayman, Seaton Yachts (Northeast Region)
• James “Jim” Ruffolo, Burger Boat Co. (Great Lakes Region)
• Rick Gladych, Omni Risk Insurance (Northwest Region)
• Kate Pearson, Shelter Island Marina (Southwest Region)
• William “Billy” Smith III, Trinity Yachts (Gulf Coast)
New at-large board members, who are elected for a two-year term, are:
• Eli Dana, Newport Shipyard
• Megan Deinas, Port of Seattle
• Tripp Nelson, Alexseal
• Christina Norris, Oversee Yachts
• Derik Wagner, MTN
“The USSA has been very fortunate to have strong board members dedicated to helping grow the organization,” Mann said in a statement. “By continually bringing in new representatives at the board level we are able to draw on their energy, ideas and skills. This combination of dynamic regional board positions and those elected at large have helped to further propel the USSA to the next level and position us as a vibrant national association.”