BRP adds new model to Evinrude pontoon enginesPosted on
BRP is expanding its Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series lineup with the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model, which will be available early next spring.
The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is designed for small to mid-size pontoon applications. Last June, BRP unveiled its Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series outboards with the 90-, 115- and 150-hp options, which are designed for midsize to large pontoon applications.
“The initial response to our Pontoon Series has been overwhelmingly positive and we are pleased to expand this innovative and unparalleled lineup,” BRP marine propulsion system vice president and general manager Alain Villemure said in a statement. “The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the perfect option for pontoon owners who want maximum performance, comfort and convenience in this horsepower segment.”
Like all Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series offerings, the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model is the only outboard engine specifically designed to meet the needs of pontoon owners in the 60- to 75-hp segment.
The company said features of the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series include:
• Application-specific gear ratio provides torque and thrust for quicker acceleration, improved throttle response and more power to stop when needed.
• Remote oil tank reservoirs provide easy access for refilling, and with a combined oil capacity of as much as 2.25 gallons, the time between fill-ups can be extended by more than two years for the average pontoon user.
• Specifically designed motor mounts with a framework that reduces vibration by as much as 40 percent, giving pontoon owners a quieter boating experience.
• Twice the charging capacity of competitors delivers enough power to run outboard electronics without draining the batteries.
• Besides a California Air Resources Board 3-Star certification, carbon monoxide levels are as much as 50 times lower than competitive offerings at idle speeds.
• Three years or 300 hours or no dealer scheduled maintenance means no annual tune-ups or oil changes, reducing operating costs and allowing for more time on the water.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.