Seattle Boat Show set for JanuaryPosted on
The 2014 Seattle Boat Show, Indoors + Afloat, which starts Jan. 24, will showcase 1,000 boats and yachts indoors and on the water and more than 3 acres of accessories, electronics and boating gear.
The show runs through Feb. 2, and organizers announced the seminar lineup. New seminars for 2014 include:
• Cruising Mexico: paperwork requirements
• Dreamspeaker Sails south to Puget Sound
• Boat Buyers University: Which boat is right for me?
• Cruising With Kids 101
• Washington state marine parks
• Coho Ho Ho Sailing Rally 2014
• How to choose your fabric and foam for your boat, and how to take care of them.
• Cruising to Fitz Hugh Sound
• Port Townsend Varnish (an overview of tools, techniques, products, safety and shortcuts to help boat owners produce a satisfying traditional varnish finish)
• Mexico to Australia — a two-year plan
• Waggoner Cruising Guide’s 2014 favorite destinations
• I’ve never owned a boat, but have sailed the world — you can, too
• Fog — tools to observe and forecast weather patterns
• Using the iPad and tablets for marine weather and navigation