MIAMI 2014: MMA hands out Neptune AwardsPosted on
MIAMI — The Marine Marketers of America announced the winners of its sixth annual 2013 Neptune Awards for Marketing Excellence during the National Marine Manufacturers Association’s State of the Recreational Boating Industry breakfast on Thursday at the Miami International Boat Show.
A panel of 17 judges chose from double the number of last year’s entries to honor the best marketing work in the North American marine marketplace.
“The fact that all of the entries were concentrated in fewer categories this year says a lot about where marketers are concentrating their efforts during challenging times for the industry,” Sally Helme, MMA vice president and Neptune Awards co-chairwoman, said in a statement.
“There was also a dynamic mix of both B2B and B2C entries, which speaks to the importance of both strong distribution and retail support. As usual, entries came from companies large and small, accessories and boatbuilders and everything in between.”
Awards were presented to the following companies and marketing firms:
• Best National Magazine Advertising (full-page): Grady White Boats for “Etched Center Console,” created by Adams & Longino
• Best National Magazine Spread: The Hinckley Co. for “People are Talking,” created by 8 Beacon Partners
• Best National Magazine Advertising (series): Sea Tow Services International for “Benefits of Sea Tow Membership,” created by Syron Design
• Best Regional/Local Advertising: Legendary Marine for “No. 1 Dealer in North America Campaign,” created by Legendary Marine and Kenton Smith Marketing
• Best Product Literature: The Hinckley Co. for “Talara 43 Brochure”
• Best Digital Newsletter: Sea Tow Services International for “Sea Tow News,” created by Syron Design
• Best Mobile App: Gemeco Marine Accessories for “iNSTALL App,” created by Hawley Communications
• Best Video: The Hinckley Co. for “What Makes a Hinckley a Hinckley,” created by Digital Salad
• Best Social Media Campaign: Mercury Marine for “#HandsomeTransom”
• Best Event Marketing/Sales Promotion: Freedom Boat Club for “Yelp It Out for Sales”
• Best Marketing Innovation: ACR Artex for “406SurvivorClub”
• Best Email Blast: Sea Tow Services International for “Sea Tow Trial Membership Program,” created by Syron Design
• Best Web Ads: Mercury Marine for “Meet the Team,” created by GS Design
Winning entries and images can be viewed on the MMA website.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.