Ocean Conservancy updates green-boating guidePosted on
Ocean Conservancy released its updated Good Mate Manual for green boating.
Boaters and marinas can use the short book of tips and best practices to improve the quality of waters and boating experiences.
Working in collaboration with the Coast Guard and the Coast Guard Auxiliary, Ocean Conservancy created Good Mate, a public outreach program aimed at reducing and eliminating marine pollution and environmental degradation.
Ocean Conservancy’s Good Mate program provides guidelines for green boating.
• Helping boaters and marinas develop and incorporate environmentally friendly management strategies in six areas: oil and fuel, sewage pollution, vessel maintenance and repair, marine debris, storm water runoff and vessel operation
• Educating and training recreational boaters and marina staff to be informed and educated stewards of waterways
• Helping boaters and marinas realize economic benefits while promoting environmentally friendly procedures
• Fostering cooperation among groups interested in the use, quality and enjoyment of local waters
• Keeping boating fun by maintaining a safe, pleasant and clean environment.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.