Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show returns FridayPosted on
The 2014 Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show will return to downtown Annapolis on Friday and continue through Sunday.
Organizers said the third annual in-water springtime show will feature more than 80 new and previously owned sailboats of all types and sizes, including catamarans, monohulls, racing boats, inflatables and daysailers.
The show will feature the North American premiere of the Bavaria Cruiser 33 from Bavaria Yachts, which has already sold nearly 300 hulls. The show also will debut the Farr 280 One Design, the newest grand prix-racing sailboat at 30 feet and designed for a crew of five. The brand-new Legacy catamaran, the 2014 Gemini Legacy 35, also will launch at the show.
“We are very excited to present another spring sailboat show, one of the largest shows in the country. During the last weekend in April, Annapolis will host an impressive array of boats on land and in the water,” Annapolis Boat Shows president Paul Jacobs said in a statement. “We will welcome Cruisers University students representing 22 states and three foreign countries. Sailors from around the globe will converge on the City Dock for a weekend of good times, education and, for some, the realization of a new sailboat and a dream come true.”
• Foulest Foulies Contest Sponsored by Spinsheet on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. New foul-weather gear for the winner, courtesy of Helly Hansen and Fawcett
• Free tastings by Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose Vodka and Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar daily
• Surfset exercise classes and stand-up paddleboard demos by Mantra Fit
• Opening night networking party from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday for attendees and exhibitors. Sponsored by Bay Yacht Agency/Atlantic Cruising Yachts, Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar, Sail Magazine, Trident Funding Corp. and Weems & Plath
• Tour nearly 80 sailboats and shop more than 100 nautical exhibits
• In-water demonstrations by the Maryland Model Yacht Club
• Cruises aboard the 74-foot schooner Woodwind available for an additional fee
• Cruisers University, a supplemental educational program, offers 50 expert-taught seminars, a curriculum for women and intensive hands-on programs focused on high-tech navigation and diesel maintenance. Designed to enhance life aboard a boat, the program offers modules on topics such as popular destinations, boat systems, cruising lifestyles, weather and electronic navigation. Tuition includes two meals a day, evening social hours and show admission.
Welcome to TradeOnlyToday’s premium content! To continue reading, please register now, for access to 10 free stories per month. Or subscribe, for unlimited access to all TradeOnlyToday content!
Basic subscription: Registered members get free access to 10 premium content stories each month!
Individual subscription: $29 for unlimited site access for one year.
Small Business subscription: $140 for unlimited site access for up to 10 members of a company for one year.
Corporate subscription: $300 for unlimited site access for all members of a company for one year.
You may close this dialog after seconds.