Career fair set for Seattle Boat ShowPosted on
The Northwest Marine Trade Association is organizing a career fair at the 70th annual Seattle Boat Show on Jan. 30 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the CenturyLink Field Event Center.
The event will feature more than 30 local marine-related businesses with about 400 full-time positions available and many seasonal ones. Those who attend the career fair will receive free admission to the boat show for additional networking opportunities.
Participating companies include:
- Fluid Motion (Ranger Tugs and Cutwater): 15 full-time positions, including assembler, fiberglass laminators and welders
- Westport Shipyard: 50 full-time positions, including welders, fabricators, plumbers, electricians, mechanical installers and laminators
- Emerald Harbor Marine: five full-time positions, including boatyard work, marine electronics and electrical
- West Marine: 25 positions, including sailboat rigging assistants, product specialists, cashiers and sales associates
- Lake Union Sea Ray: five full-time positions, including mechanics, detailers and sales
- Seattle Boat Co.: 10 full-time and 40 seasonal positions, including dock attendants, sales assistants, detailers, fork lift operators, service/parts assistants and sales
- Pacific Fiberglass: five employees, including painters, fiberglass and gelcoat techs
- Port of Seattle: anticipates filling more than 200 jobs in 2017 in a variety of positions with all types of background and experience requirements.
The Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding and Seattle Central College also will attend.
The Seattle Boat Show, Indoors + Afloat opens Jan. 27 and will continue through Feb. 4 at CenturyLink Field Event Center and South Lake Union.