NMMA details agenda for Innovation Breakfast in MiamiPosted on
The National Marine Manufacturers Association announced the agenda for its Innovation Breakfast at the Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show.
The breakfast is being held on Feb, 17 within the show’s newly expanded Center Courtyard. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and the breakfast runs from 8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
The agenda includes:
- Special opening remarks from NMMA president Thom Dammrich
- Presentation of the CSI Awards
- Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation president Frank Peterson will address how the group is increasing boating and fishing participation. Innovation and adaptation are essential in the pursuit of progress; and both of these concepts are at the center of the RBFF’s path to realizing its new aspirational goal of reaching a participation level of 60 million anglers in 60 months. Hear firsthand why and how this critical effort can make a difference in our industry.
- Marine Marketers of America will present their Neptune Awards recognizing excellence in marine marketing communications.
- Dominion Marine Media’s newly appointed CEO will unveil the company’s new name and share his vision for creating a boat-shopping experience.
- The NMMA will present the Alan J. Freedman Memorial Leadership Award, honoring individuals who’ve made outstanding contributions to the marine accessories industry through leadership, creativity and personal motivation.
- Special presentation from Enterprise Florida.
- Capping off the breakfast will be the Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards.
“The Miami International Boat Show brings together the best boats and engines, the best marine accessories and the best of boating from around the globe,” Dammrich said in a statement. “An estimated $3 billion in marine products can be found at this year’s show and it’s no surprise that creativity and intelligent design are at the center of what you’ll find. We’re celebrating that with the Innovation Breakfast and elevating it by putting it center stage so to speak — relocating the breakfast to the expanded Center Courtyard area of the show, enhancing the experience with new breakfast foods, and providing an agenda focused on the innovative efforts leading our industry into the future.”
The breakfast is being presented by the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation with support from Dominion Marine Media and Enterprise Florida.