Schedule set for American Boating Congress in MayPosted on
Registration is open for the 2017 American Boating Congress, which will be held May 15-17 on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
The National Marine Manufacturers Association said the ABC will provide attendees with the opportunity to meet with members of the Trump administration and the 115th Congress, network with fellow industry advocates, take part in a series of workshops and attend Hill visits to meet with key policy-makers.
Chief CNN Washington correspondent and anchor Jake Tapper is slated to keynote the three-day event.
“Under the new administration, major policy decisions, including tax reform, trade, immigration and infrastructure spending are on the congressional horizon,” NMMA president Thom Dammrich said in a statement. “It is critical to engage with our nation’s decision-makers now to shape priorities for the 115th Congress and White House that ensure a bright future for the recreational boating industry.”
Download NMMA’s 2017 Policy Agenda – Marine Manufacturing: Powering the Nation’s Economy to review some of the key issues the boating industry is addressing on Capitol Hill and will focus on at ABC 2017.
Here are some highlights of this year’s ABC:
- Jake Tapper to keynote ABC 2017 on May 17: Tapper is the hugely influential and award-winning journalist and author, and chief CNN Washington correspondent and anchor. He has been recognized for being a fair and balanced commentator and critic whose unbiased reporting makes him an “equal-opportunity skeptic — confronting Democratic politicians just as toughly as he would Republican ones.”
- New “Inside the Beltway-Republican and Democratic Insights,” May 16 from 8:30 to 9 a.m.: Hear from Republican and Democratic strategists in Washington, D.C., about the inside happenings from the Hill and the Trump administration to help ABC attendees better navigate Capitol Hill meetings and understand the legislative and political outlook for 2017 and beyond.
- Customized Hill visits: They will be organized by state delegation, enabling attendees to be more effective advocates on Capitol Hill.
- Welcome reception, May 15 from 6-8 p.m. at the Carnegie Library: a networking opportunity in a historic location for attendees and their industry peers to kick off the conference.
- Recreational Angling and Boating PAC Reception, May 16 from 6-8 p.m., to be held on 20F Street NW, an iconic rooftop overlooking the Capitol.
- National Safe Boating Council and National Marine Manufacturers Association Congressional Reception, May 17, from 5 to 7 p.m.