Brokerage Sales

Monthly reports on sales of brokerage boats help the industry understand the sizes and types of used vessels that consumers are buying and how long it takes to sell them.

Boat Trader joins with Statistical Surveys on sales data offer

Boat Trader and its sister company boats.com announced a partnership with Michigan-based Statistical Surveys. The partnership provides dealers with localized sales data through the Dealer Analysis Report. Available by subscription only, the Statistical Surveys Dealer Analysis Report gives dealers a detailed snapshot of current sold-boats data in the counties in which they compete. Dealers can…more

Former California broker charged with fraud

Nearly four years after emptying his bank accounts and disappearing from Dana Point, Calif., a former yacht broker was arrested Friday in South Florida and charged with defrauding 26 victims of more than $1 million. Edward S. Fitzgerald, 60, is charged with eight felony counts of theft from an elder, 19 felony counts of using…more

Brokerage sales down in April

The number of brokerage boats sold in the United States in April declined by 1 percent, or 26, to 3,004, compared with the same month a year earlier, and the total price paid for them fell 3 percent to $300 million. The average time it took to sell a boat increased by 4 percent in…more

Boat Trader unveils iPad app

Dominion Marine Media-owned Boat Trader announced the launch of an iPad app designed to make boat buying and selling easier. The app was developed using technologies that animate a selection of boats for sale in the United States. Users now can access more than 150,000 boats from any location. “The new Boat Trader app brings…more

Mixed results in March for brokerage sales

U.S. brokerage sales slipped 2 percent in March to 2,554 boats, but the price paid for those boats rose 31 percent to $495 million. The figures compared with 2,606 boats sold for a total price of $378 million in March 2012, according to YachtWorld.com member brokerages reporting in their proprietary database SoldBoats.com. The increase in…more

Florida brokerage signs on with YachtCloser

Tom George Yacht Group on Florida’s Gulf Coast has signed on with YachtCloser’s Web-based contract management system. “In January, TGYG relocated its offices to Marker One Marina,” YachtCloser president Brad Parker said in a statement. “This state-of-the-art facility on the Intracoastal Waterway offers clients a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, combined with direct water access, dockage, boat…more

Blackfin Boats teams with broker on new line

Yacht brokerage firm Dwight Tracy & Friends and boatbuilder Blackfin Boats launched a strategic partnership for the marketing, sales and exclusive worldwide distribution of a new, expanded line of thoroughly modernized Blackfin sportfishing boats and yachts. They announced the launch at the March 21-24 Palm Beach International Boat Show. “Unbeknownst to most, Blackfin has during…more

Broker moves Fort Lauderdale office

Chamberlain Yachts International recently changed locations. The firm is moving from the fishbowl at the Quay on 17th Street Causeway in Fort Lauderdale, where it has been for 10 years, to a smaller office at 1535 Southeast 17th St., Suite 119. “For the last few, we have been operating using an Internet-based phone system, remote…more

Broker hires former PassageMaker publisher

Yacht brokerage firm Curtis Stokes & Associates said it hired former PassageMaker magazine publisher Rob Dorfmeyer to open and run the company’s new Mid-Atlantic sales office. The company said Dorfmeyer will use his experience leading PassageMaker and Trawler Fest events and his extensive understanding of the trawler and luxury yacht markets to serve Chesapeake Bay…more

Brokerage sales drop in February

U.S. brokerage sales fell 14 percent in February as 1,679 boats were traded, compared with 1,942 in the same month last year. Despite the decline, the total number sold was close to the five-year February average of 1,707, according to YachtWorld.com member brokerages reporting in SoldBoats.com, their proprietary database. The aggregate price paid for boats…more

1 3 4 5 6 7 25

Vote Today

Will you be attending IBEX and the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Search Boats for Sale

Length
Year
Price

Login to Trade Only Today

Lost Password