CAD Designer/Canvas Designer -Great Lake Boat Top
Great Lakes Boat Top is one of the oldest and largest original equipment manufacturers (OEM) of marine canvas products. GLBT makes the boat covers, bimini tops, mooring covers, cockpit covers, tonneau coves, campers, visors, sides, drop and aft curtains and many other products that the best boat manufacturers ship with new boats. The finest boat companies like Sea Ray, Malibu, Regal, Boston Whaler, Four Winns, and many others trust GLBT to produce the finest canvas products. GLBT offers an excellent wage and benefits package.
Position Title: CAD Designer/Canvas Designer
Location(s): Vonore, TN/Cocoa, FL
GLBT is the premiere OEM manufacturer of canvas products to the marine industry. We are seeking a marine fabricator with patterning experience and knowledge of some or all of the following tools: Rhinoceros, Solidworks, Accumark, Gerber (or any Automated cutting table), Photomodeler, or Prodim proliner. Sewing experience is a plus.
Activities and duties:
• Utilize CAD to design and prepare for production canvas products such as covers, enclosures and tops from 3D CAD models. Flatten 3D models to create sewable parts for automated cutting machine.
• Create sewing instructions for production
• Interact with client engineers to interpret their needs
• Create manufacturing drawings of assemblies and models including B.O.M. information
• Install prototype products
• Communicate with customers and team members regarding project scope, change requests and milestone completions
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience utilizing one or more 3D CAD packages is required
• Mechanical Design/Drafting experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Knowledge of general manufacturing processes is required
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude, good reasoning and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-starter with the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimum supervision
• Experience designing and leading projects with complex systems in the marine markets
• Deep understanding of engineering fundamentals and best practices
• CAD software certification, a plus
• Training is available to the right candidate.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration