Lamination Manager Needed- KCS International/Cruisers Yachts
KCS International/Cruisers Yachts is hiring for a Lamination Manager at their Oconto, WI location.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the department operations in a vertically integrated manufacturing setting. The manager is responsible for all fiberglass/lamination processing, including mold prep/repair, gel coat, pulling, and patching as well as supplying materials to other support areas of the organization. The manager understands the work processes and proper use/staffing of equipment, making sure that all products are delivered at the highest quality and on time.
· Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department
· Achieves departmental goals for safety, quality, productivity and on time delivery
· Develops, directs, and manages manufacturing personnel and trains them to properly utilize all equipment and tools
· Directs manufacturing personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers’ requirements
· Participates in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work areas involved
· Team with Engineering and Purchasing personnel to select and continually evaluate vendors for finished goods and products
· Meet with production employees to determine customer orders, assign workers to duties, and to determine need for additional resources to meet production requirements.
· Ensures that machine and manufacturing operations are performed within standard cycle/processing times. Understands production standards and either meets or exceeds them.
· Maintains effective employee relations by listening to employees and resolving issues directly or with help from HR/Management.
· Ensures the most efficient and safe production methods are employed on the shop floor
· Continually looks for the better way to ensure a productive environment and is always looking to eliminate the waste that the customer is not willing to pay for (rework, scrap, motion, excess inventory, waiting, etc.).
· Investigates and determines causes of lamination and/or production defects and implements corrective action
· Ensures staff understands work orders, part numbers and other necessary information so that the manufacturing flow is seamless
· Confers with other supervisors and production management to coordinate flow of materials and products into and out of the department
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills
· Ability to exercise independent and fair consensus building skills when conflict arises
· Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills
· Must be adaptable to change and have the ability, desire, and initiative to make a difference
· Bachelor’s Degree or Associated Degree in a technical or business related field preferred
· 5 plus years of fiberglass experience in a manufacturing environment, plus 5 years supervisory experience required
KCS International offers a competitive wage and benefits package including 401K, health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time. Apply on-line at www.cruisersyachts.com or email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com . Equal Opportunity Employer.