Newport Vessels Brand Manager – Torero Specialty Products
Torero Specialty Products is seeking a motivated and qualified Brand Manager to manage the Newport Vessels brand and to set the course and direction of all sales, marketing, customer service, and brand related activities. The Newport Vessels Brand Manager will report directly to the VP of Sales and President. Being a boating and/or fishing enthusiast is a strong plus.
About Torero Specialty Products:
Torero Specialty Products LLC is a private investment group headquartered in San Francisco, CA. TSP’s primary business function is to manage the sales, operations, and logistics of the company’s portfolio of internally owned brands. TSP owns and operates such brands as – LookOurWay, AirDancers.com, SkyDancers.com, Newport Vessels, Mimosa Inc and Guerrilla Packs. Learn more about Torero Specialty Products at our corporate website, www.torerobrands.com. This position is specific to the www.newportvessels.com brand.
Primary Role: Responsible For All Sales and Marketing
Grow the Newport Vessels brand by creating, planning, and carrying out all sales and marketing plans.
- Develop annual brand plan
- Create marketing plans and marketing campaigns for retail and direct sales channels.
- Grow existing sales channels and expand into new sales channels.
- Manage all marketing campaigns, the creation of all marketing materials, and the budgets that go with each.
- Deliver monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue and profitability targets.
- Utilize existing TSP sales department, but hire and develop Newport Vessels own sales department.
Secondary Role: Responsible For All Customer Service
Improve and manage all systems, processes, and actions related to Newport Vessels customer service.
Secondary Responsibilities – Initially:
- Initially, answer & close inbound sales calls.
- Initially, respond to emails from new and existing customers
- Initially, Answer incoming sales and customer service phone calls.
- Eventually, create, hire, and manage an internal Newport Vessels customer service / sales department, instead of using the combined TSP group.
Tertiary Role: New Product Development & Product Offering Expansion
Will work with VP of Sales to expand the product offering and to grow into ancillary product categories.
- Monitor customer feedback and product reviews to offer product design improvement recommendations for future production runs.
- Research and recommend new ancillary product categories to expand into.
- Work with product development team on design and development of new products and new product categories.
- Conduct market research to justify new product development and determine target customer groups.
- Create and implement new product marketing campaigns and new product release plans.
Qualifications, Required Skills, and Required Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience in related field.
- Proven track record of developing a highly effective brand strategy, including brand aesthetic, messaging, and overall identity within the applicable segment.
- Proficient in; Word, Excel, Email, and general internet navigation
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate into a fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Ability to manage and drive multiple simultaneous initiatives with impeccable attention to detail and demonstrated ownership over an initiative’s success.
- Strong problem solving skills to maintain project timelines and projected costs.
- Interest in e-commerce
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and time management
- Must be high energy, self-directed, and results-oriented
Hours, Compensation, and Location:
- Status: Full-Time (Salary)
- Salary: $70,000/year
- Location: San Francisco, CA (Marina).Working remote is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Benefits; Eligible for company Medical & Dental insurance after 90 days
How To Apply:
Email position specific cover letter, resume, and a short note on why you’re perfect for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.