Imtra Corporation is a leading importer and manufacturer of high quality equipment for the Recreational and Commercial Marine, Energy and Transportation markets. We are actively looking to expand the sales and support team that caters to our growing business in these sectors.
We have an immediate opening for a Product Manager at our New Bedford, MA headquarters. This position entails:
- Working in conjunction with the outside sales team to ensure follow-through of customer projects
- Communicating closely with trade accounts, boat manufacturing engineers, end users and sales teams
- Evaluation of proposed system design to ensure optimal performance and proper installation
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Developing lasting and effective relationships with key decision makers
- Being organized and able to manage multiple projects from concept to delivery and beyond
- Delivering a high level of product support to all constituents
- Exhibiting the ability to work with all departments in the company as well as key customers and our international suppliers.
- Provide technical sales support and product recommendations to Aftermarket, Trade and OEM clients
- Work closely with Marketing department to develop supporting materials and build brand awareness
- Answer product questions including features, benefits, installations, appropriate sizing of products, interaction with other products within the applications, etc.
- Develop and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and customer relations
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Ability to travel – domestic and international
- Support Imtra’s involvement in industry exhibitions
- 5-7 years of applicable marine industry background and boating experience
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, writing, speaking and telephone)
- Ability to win business utilizing a consultative sales approach putting customers’ needs first
- Practical experience and knowledge of DC marine electrical systems
- Proven advanced troubleshooting skills and use effective problem solving techniques
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues with a successful outcome
- Handle calls and other communication associated with our business responsively, tactfully and diplomatically
- Exhibit excellent time management and organizational skill
- Participate as a member of a team raising the outcome of the collective, not only individual success
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- 4-year College degree
- Attention to detail and follow up and skilled with technology
Our company is a significant operator in various markets, with an excellent reputation for quality products, outstanding sales support and unmatched customer service. We have a strong company culture where “fit” is critical in all hires. We look for self-starters with strong work ethics, a positive attitude and the understanding of how to have fun while working hard. Integrity, honesty and an inherent sense of accountability are expected traits. The successful candidate will be assertive and energetic, must possess a sense of urgency and demonstrate a high level of professionalism when completing assigned tasks.
This position includes a competitive salary, excellent health care, 401k with match as well as bonus opportunities.
About IMTRA, based in New Bedford, Massachusetts, is an importer and manufacturer of high quality marine products, advanced LED solutions and integrated marine systems, as well as a key supplier to the OEM and aftermarket. With over 60 years in the commercial, industrial and marine markets, IMTRA has sales and support teams in 10 regions throughout North America. The company’s extensive product knowledge is available to its customers through a renowned full-service department and professional customer service group. Product categories include Lighting, Thrusters, Stabilizers, Anchoring Systems, Wipers, Antennas, Gangways, Seating, Controls and other specialty products. In addition to their own proprietary products, IMTRA represents well-known international brands that include Side-Power, NorSap, Vimar, Lumishore, Lofrans, Muir, Exalto, Colorlight, Roca, Lilaas, Zipwake and many more
For all positions, please send resume to (no phone calls or drop-ins, please):
Attn: Human Resources
30 Samuel Barnet Blvd, New Bedford, MA 02745
Fax: 508-998-5359 E-mail: email@example.com