Product/Market Manager-CDI Electronics & Balmar
CDI Electronics (www.cdielectronics.com) and Balmar (www.balmar.net) have an immediate opening for a product/market manager. Located in Huntsville, Alabama, CDI and Balmar are iconic brands and recognized leaders in Ignition Components, Diagnostic Software and DC Charging Solutions.
Direct and coordinate product & marketing functions for the CDI and Balmar product lines. Work closely with the Sales Manager and channel partners to secure new business and expand the companies’ products. Develop, communicate and implement product, sales and marketing strategies. Duties include the following:
- Identify, analyze, propose and work with engineering to develop new products and services.
- Coordinate with sales manager & channel partners to promote product and company brands.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify market opportunities; direct marketing and new product development plans (product & market roadmap).
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results. Investigate product profit margins and recommend actions to optimize product profitability.
- Analyze, develop & communicate product pricing plans & strategies.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets for products.
- Provide training and communicate competitive advantages to sales resources and customers.
- Work closely with technical support resources to optimize customer satisfaction.
- Direct the planning and development of marketing and communications materials for the product lines.
- Represent the company at trade shows and industry events to promote company objectives.
- Technical bachelor’s degree, master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years in the marine and/or power electronics industry in a product/market management position.
- Experience with electrical/electronic manufacturing environments.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- This position will be domiciled in Huntsville, AL and require daily interaction with engineering and operations peer groups.
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
About CDI Electronics:
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, CDI/Balmar is a US-based manufacturer of marine outboard engine ignition systems, marine engine diagnostics systems (M.E.D.S.) and DC charging solutions. Through its comprehensive product offerings, CDI/Balmar is regarded as the industry experts in marine ignition and DC charging systems. For more information, visit www.cdielectronics.com and www.balmar.net.