Regional Sales Manager -Walker Bay
For over 20 years, Walker Bay has redefined the benchmark for small boats by offering a balance of performance, aesthetics and engineering. Manufacturing an award-winning line of motorboats, sailboats, rowboats, RIBs, air deck rollups, and other inflatable sports products, Walker Bay continues to push the boundaries of innovation with boats that are durable, versatile, practical and easy to use. With over 150,000 boats in use, Walker Bay is available in over 40 countries around the world and can be found online at www.walkerbay.com.
The Role: Walker Bay seeks to hire a Regional Sales Manager for its products mostly focusing on expanding sales of their Inflatable Boat and Deluxe RIB lines. This position works from a home office with travel required. The location of the ideal candidate would be in the state of Florida but other locations will be considered.
- Maintain regular contact with the Company’s key accounts and develop new customers in the designated territory, ensuring that they receive effective support and service.
- Maximize the performance of existing dealers and distributors through regular contact, training, motivation, encouragement and joint field sales visits.
- Identify new sales opportunities for the Company’s products and make recommendations for opening new dealer/distributor accounts where appropriate.
- Provide the necessary order input to achieve annual sales budgets, which have been jointly agreed upon with the Director of Sales
- Provide feedback on market intelligence, competitor activity and new product opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge of both the Company’s and competitive products.
- Manage a travel budget in the most cost effective manner.
- Uphold the Company’s reputation and communicate its objectives effectively at all times.
- Provide the Director of Sales with a weekly activity report on all salient business activities.
- Maintain data on our competitor sales and pricing policies.
- Attend relevant exhibitions in the territory as approved by the Sales Director to support participating dealers/distributors and to provide reports on industry and competitors activities.
- Organize and provide the necessary product training to ensure effective sales activity and order input by customers and dealer/distributors.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years regional sales manager or equivalent experience.
- Marine dealer/distributor and aftermarket sales experience. Knowledge of inflatable boats and/or related products key to this position.
- This position requires travel (50% travel required, seasonally adjusted), sales forecasting and general knowledge of computers and computer software are required.
- Candidate must have hands on experience with boats and participate actively in the same boating lifestyle as customers.
Please email resume and cover letter to Michael Carroll, Director of Sales, email@example.com