Software Support Technician-MyTaskit
Company: MyTaskit helps people and businesses transact business more efficiently using online and mobile tools to share tasks and coordinate service.
The company was founded to help customers better maintain and operate the things they love by improving task management and coordination between product owners and service professionals. Our solutions use mobile technology to simplify life for consumers, and help businesses engage customers more effectively.
By automating communication and task coordination, MyTaskit increases customer loyalty, improves efficiency and boosts revenue potential for service providers; for customers, it streamlines communication, reduces hassles and improves customer care.
MyTaskit started out as a solution for the boating industry, bridging the coordination and information gap between boat owners, service professionals, boat builders and equipment manufacturers. The company’s first product, The Boat Village, was designed to transform the way consumers and businesses communicate and transact business. Launched in October 2012, The Boat Village was conceived as an all-in-one front-office platform for communication, task management and service coordination.
In October 2013, the company acquired DockMaster®, the top back-office solution for marine retailers, marinas and service centers. The integration of the two products created the most comprehensive end-to-end software solution for service providers – creating an easy-to-use, affordable solution that can drive operational efficiencies, increase customer loyalty, and vastly enhance customer service. In 2015, the company rebranded the combined solution – The Boat Village plus DockMaster® – into MyTaskit Pro.
MyTaskit Pro has evolved into a solution that is ideal for any local service business – such as boat yards, RV repair centers, home repair specialists, contractors and auto mechanics – to manage customer service as well as back-office functionality such as processing work orders, ordering parts, accounting, billing and more.
MyTaskit for consumers has become a solution that extends beyond coordination with local service providers. Consumers can use MyTaskit to organize anything in their lives that involves tasks, and interacting with others.
Product: The MyTaskit Operations Module is the leading end-to-end business management solution in the marine industry for mid-sized and larger boat yards, boat dealers and marinas. MyTaskit Operations is an industry-specific technology that provides end-to-end visibility across finance, sales, CRM, purchasing, inventory and service operations. MyTaskit Operations is available to businesses as both a cloud offering and a locally installed (server-based) product. Cloud users can access MyTaskit Operations from any Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
Description: We are currently looking for a Software Support Technician to join our team. This individual would work from our West Palm Beach, FL headquarters. There will be little to no travel required.
The Software Support Technician will be focused on assisting customers with technical questions, user error questions, and general issues that may be discovered from time to time with MyTaskit Operations. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills and is able to work in a team environment. You must be able understand the questions and concerns customers bring forward and find reasonable solutions to those problems in a professional and polite manner. You will be expected to provide technical support for customers in the Retail Operations (Point of Sale, Inventory Management and Purchasing), Service (Work Orders, Parts and Billing), Major Unit Sales (CRM, Purchasing and Contracts) or Finance (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Financial Reporting) product areas. This person should be comfortable with time and budget constraints, deadlines, and workloads with changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Assist customers with technical questions, user error questions and general technical issues with MyTaskit Operations customers in the areas of Sales, Service, Marina Operations and/or Finance
- Understand each customer’s general working environment and business practices, and from time to time assist customers with documenting their business procedures
- Provide online, email (written) and telephone (voice) technical support of the MyTaskit Operations application
- Help assess, propose and implement solutions for resolving customer questions and issues.
- Establish and promote a positive relationship with customers across all departments to establish best practices
- Provide feedback to MyTaskit as an active participant in the continual improvement of our products
- Attain or exceed individual utilization targets and have the capacity to “up-sell” technical support services to existing customers as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of accounting or business management software product experience
- Candidates with experience in one or more of the following software packages will be given preference: ADP Lightspeed, IDS, Reynolds & Reynolds (UCS), Sage, SAP, Oracle Financials
- Ability to successfully convey technical details to a non-technical audience as well as foster credibility with more technical audiences
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Marine industry experience with knowledge of sales, parts, service, marina operations and inventory management will be given preference
- Organizational skills to include the ability to self-manage assignments, complete reports in a timely fashion, complete evaluation forms, and manage work on multiple projects at the same time.
Send resumes to John.firstname.lastname@example.org