Tournament Support Coordinator-Yamaha Motor Corporation
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that include motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, more. We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products.
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Tournament Support Coordinator to join our Marine Power Group. The Tournament Support Coordinator will maintain a high level of competence and professionalism as a representative of Yamaha Motor Corporation while continuing to develop ideas and actions to improve the overall professionalism of the Marine industry. You will operate the Tournament Support Truck and Trailer providing onsite technical support to Yamaha sponsored fishing tournaments and events.
YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD AND BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A CDL LICENSE.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and support to Yamaha team members and all Yamaha customers. (as needed)
- Coordinate activities during tournaments with Yamaha Marine Promotions Coordinators. (as needed)
- Communicate with tournament directors for positioning equipment and Yamaha promotional items. Establish communication path with all members of the tournament staff to participate with any special activities. (as needed)
OEM Technical Support
- Responsible for providing technical support to OEM accounts in an assigned territory. (as needed)
Meetings / Boat Shows / Owner’s Tournaments / Photo Shoots
- Participate in the planning and executive of Yamaha Dealer Meetings, O.E.M Meetings (Boat Guilder and Sales), Boat Builder Dealer meetings, Boat Builder Owner’s Tournaments, Industry Trade and Retail Boat Shows, Yamaha Photo Shoots, and other industry special events. (as needed)
- Assist with and communicate Yamaha product features and benefits that are consistent with our advertising objectives and schedules for various media events, boat and outboard product reviews, focus groups, and other special product evaluation projects. –(as needed).
- Assist all divisions of Yamaha (marketing, accounting, distribution, information services, engineering, service, warranty, parts & accessories) with handling problems received in the Kennesaw Marine Power Group Office from dealers, boat builders, DMM’s, and consumers. (daily)
Yamaha Boat Companies
- Communicate and assist with special projects as assigned by management. (as needed)
- Complete detailed tournament reports, expense reports, weekly recaps, and itineraries on a timely basis. – (daily, weekly, as needed)
- Report on Marine Industry conditions– (daily)
- Be prepared to complete miscellaneous reports. – (as needed)
Vehicle and Trailer
- Vehicle and trailer to be maintained to represent the quality and professionalism of Yamaha. -(daily)
- Maintain accurate inventory of tools, equipment and parts(daily)
- Maintain accurate expense control within budgetary guidelines. (daily)
- Requires extensive over-night and weekend travels. (daily)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience trouble shooting and repairing Yamaha Outboard engines.
- Requires CDL license and clean driving record. Responsible for trip logs, vehicle and trailer maintenance within DOT guidelines, enrollment in random drug screening pool, and general understanding of DOT responsibilities.
- Holder of USCG Captain’s License a plus, but will otherwise be required to complete and obtain endorsement within first year, and maintain renewals into the future.
- Excellent communication skills couples with the ability to work with the public are mandatory.
- Requires experience and knowledge of personal computers and various word processing, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Requires proficiency in YAMAHA systems (i.e. YMBS, YWMS, YDIS, Vodia, PartsManager Pro, and warranty processes). Must exhibit an excellent understanding of YAMAHA Outboard and Marine Industry product knowledge.
- Must have an excellent overall working relationship with other divisions within YAMAHA.
- Must possess excellent overall communication and organizational skills.
Please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org