1. Introduction. This document sets forth the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) governing your use of TradeOnlyToday.com and the Active Interest Media Web Site and the information made available on and through the Web Site. Please read this page carefully. The Terms and Conditions, when agreed to by you, will form a binding Agreement between you and Active Interest Media.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use. Your use of the Web Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Web Site. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by updating this document and posting it on the Web Site. It is your obligation to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Web Site will constitute your agreement to the most current version of these Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease your use of this Web Site.
3. Definitions. For the purposes of this Agreement, the following definitions apply: “Content” includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the Web Site.
“Text” includes all text on every page of the Web Site, whether editorial, informational, navigational, or instructional.
“Graphics” includes all logos, buttons, and other graphical elements on the Web Site, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
“Design” includes the color combinations and the page layout of the Web Site.
“Document” refers to any posting to the Web Site.
“User” refers to any individual, organization, or governmental entity who uses any aspect of the Web Site or its services.
“You” refers to the person accessing the Web Site and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
“Subscriber” identifies Web Site users who register and subscribe for TradeOnlyToday.com content access.
4. Intellectual Property Rights. All Content on the Site is the property of Active Interest Media or the property of third parties as indicated, and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purposes. The foregoing limitations include, but are not limited to, copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on the Web Site, as well as any Graphics.
The “look” and “feel” of the Site (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by U.S. copyright law. All product names, names of services, copyrights and service marks (“Marks”) are the property of Active Interest Media or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
5. Acceptable Use of the Web Site. The information displayed on the Web Site may not be used for any purpose except in connection with your direct personal use of the Web Site as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, and may not be excerpted, summarized, duplicated or otherwise removed from the Web Site. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Web Site for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. Your use of the Web Site is also subject to the following restrictions:
a) You may not send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the Web Site. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent to use of them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from Active Interest Media. In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited;
b) You may not copy, duplicate, download or otherwise use any material on the Web Site except for the purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
c) Any information sent to Active Interest Media via email is not secure and is sent on a non-confidential basis.
6. Monitoring of Content. Active Interest Media does not assume any obligation for the accuracy, completeness, or truthfulness of any of the Content of the Web Site. The Content is presented as general information and may not be updated for the latest developments in the law that affect your specific circumstances.
7. Prohibited Uses:
a) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
b) Attempting to interfere with the proper functioning of the Web Site or Active Interest Media including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site or Active Interest Media overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
c) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your agreement to the following disclaimers and limitations is a material inducement to Active Interest Media to permit you to access the Web Site. Your use of the Web Site, and the obligations and liabilities of Active Interest Media in respect of your use of the Web Site, is expressly limited as follows:
a) Third Party Information. The Web Site may from time to time display the content, services, map services, products or hyperlinks of other companies or persons. Notwithstanding the presentation of any third party information on the Web Site, no such presentation shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty, either express or implied, by Active Interest Media on behalf of or any third party. In addition, Active Interest Media does not endorse, warrant or otherwise guarantee the substance of any information or services provided by third parties. Active Interest Media shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the content, subject matter or substance of any information accessed or obtained from third party Web sites accessed from the Web Site or Web sites that have links to the Web Site. Access to third party Web sites from the Web Site is done at your own risk.
Although Active Interest Media has attempted to provide accurate information on this Site, Active Interest Media/TradeOnlyToday assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information or Services; nor does Active Interest Media warrant that the information or Services are up to date; that this Site will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Services are free of viruses or other harmful components. Your use of this Site is at your sole risk. Mention of non-Active Interest Media products or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
b) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA FURNISHES AND YOU ACCEPT THE SERVICES AND THIS SITE ON AN “AS-IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES OF SECURITY, AND INFRINGEMENT, REGARDING THE SERVICE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY. TO THE EXTENT ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA PROVIDES ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OTHER SOURCES, ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT THEREOF.
d) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Active Interest Media from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to, attorney fees and costs of suit, arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
e) Network Coverage, GPS Satellites, Interruption of Service. You acknowledge that the Services and network access are subject to transmission limitations caused by a variety of factors such as atmospheric conditions, topographical obstructions, limitations or lack of coverage of the underlying carrier service and other natural or manmade conditions. Additionally, motor and ignition noise, metal shielding, interference by users of the same or adjacent radio channels may limit or interfere with coverage. You further acknowledge that Active Interest Media is not responsible for the operation or failure of operation of GPS satellites or the availability of GPS satellite signals. Active Interest Media shall not be held liable by you or any third party for any loss or damage arising from Services, or its interruption, transmission errors, defects or any other cause, including, but not limited to, interruption caused by the underlying carrier. Active Interest Media does not assume and shall not have any liability for events beyond Active Interest Media’s control or the control of Active Interest Media’s subcontractors, licensors or business partners, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of any governmental entity, acts of public enemy, strikes or weather conditions.
8. User generated content.
On TradeOnlyToday.com you’ll be able to comment on just about every article and video on our site and post comments in response to articles. Active Interest Media owns the right to redistribute and syndicate all user-submitted content. For our complete Rules of Conduct, see below.
RULES OF CONDUCT
TradeOnlyToday.com visitors represent a wide variety of backgrounds and interests and, you may encounter content that differs in tone or scope from your own thoughts and beliefs. We hope that you will approach these situations with acceptance.
TradeOnlyToday.com is committed to protecting a high level of freedom of expression and to maintaining a welcoming and safe community in which that expression can flourish. We will not censor members for expressing an opinion, within the limits of these Rules of Conduct. We will take action against any behavior that disrupts conversations and community on the Site. TradeOnlyToday.com has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or move any user-generated content for any reason, without notice. These Rules of Conduct reflect the standards of behavior our members find acceptable. By registering as a user of TradeOnlyToday.com, you agree to the following:
1. Courtesy and Respect: You agree that you will be courteous to every TradeOnlyToday.com user, even those whose beliefs you think are false. When debating, express your opinion about a person’s ideas, not about them personally. You agree not to make negative personal remarks about other TradeOnlyToday.com users, including negative remarks about their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, character, appearance, health, mental health, education, or any other personal characteristic. You agree not to create posts and discussions intended to criticize or ridicule other users personally. You agree not to engage in derogatory name-calling or other inflammatory comparisons.
2. Hate Speech: You agree not to engage in hate speech on TradeOnlyToday.com. You agree not to allege that groups or individuals deserve violence or attempt to dehumanize or degrade them on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
3. Violence: You agree not to advocate illegal violence against or harassment of groups or individuals, even if religiously motivated.
4. Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member’s beliefs. Please respect the rights of others to follow their own path.
5. Disruptive behavior: You agree not to disrupt or interfere with community functions. Disruptive behavior may include creating a disproportionate number of comments; creating off-topic comments; making statements that are deliberately inflammatory; manipulating comment topics to disrupt conversation; posting in a language other than English without providing an accurate English translation; expanding a disagreement from one discussion to another; or any behavior that interferes with conversations or inhibits the ability of others to use and enjoy this Web site for its intended purposes.
6. Solicitation: You agree not to use community functions to advertise or solicit on behalf of commercial, religious, charitable or other organizations, causes, products or services. To advertise on TradeOnlyToday.com, email Dean Waite.
7. Spam: You agree not to repeat substantially the same text in more than one location on TradeOnlyToday.com.
8. URLS: You may share the URL of a web resource other members may find useful, but you agree not to post URLs repeatedly or for the purpose of promoting a Web site or service (see “Solicitation” above). You agree not to post a hyperlink to or URL of a site that violates these Rules of Conduct. You will not reproduce chain letters, pyramid schemes, mail fraud schemes, or any other unauthorized advertising.
9. Subscriptions to Web Site content:
“Subscriber” for the purposes of definition for this agreement means each person who establishes or accesses a connection (“Account”) for access to and use of TradeOnlyToday through www.tradeonlytoday.com. This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to use of the Web Site, sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Web Site by Subscribers to online content. By using the Web Site (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), Subscriber agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use the Web Site is personal to Subscriber and is not transferable to any other person or entity. Subscriber is responsible for all use of Subscriber’s Account (under any username or password) and for ensuring that all use of Subscriber’s Account complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement. Subscriber shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of Subscriber’s password(s), if any.
a) Sharing of a TradeOnlyToday Web Site subscription by any format — email forwarding, print, fax, or sharing passwords — is NEVER permitted without the prior written permission from the publishers. Active Interest Media and TradeOnlyToday reserve the right to immediately terminate a subscription and retain the unused portion of the subscription payment if we discover a subscription is being shared in any manner. If you are not a subscriber and are reading TradeOnlyToday either online or via a printed version, you are reading an illegal copy of TradeOnlyToday. To obtain your own subscription, simply go to www.TradeOnlyToday.com and click on Subscribe for detailed subscription information.
10. Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide Active Interest Media with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Active Interest Media of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Active Interest Media does not permit a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Active Interest Media immediately by emailing email@example.com
11. Copying posts: You agree not to post or forward transcripts of e-mail or other personal communication without the author’s express permission. You agree not to reproduce material from TradeOnlyToday.com (including member posts) without express written permission from TradeOnlyToday.com.
12. Privacy: You will not collect or use information about users of the Site without their express permission. You agree not to reveal personal information about someone else. TradeOnlyToday.com will remove any post containing a personal telephone number, real name, address, or any information that might reveal someone’s geographical location without his or her permission. You will not send e-mail to TradeOnlyToday.com users that would violate these Rules of Conduct. Cautionary Note: TradeOnlyToday.com comments are public, we advise users against revealing any personal information about themselves. If you choose to display your e-mail address to other visitors, please be aware that TradeOnlyToday.com has no control over who uses your e-mail address or for what purpose. If you believe you are the target of a cyber-stalker, please refer to http://www.wiredpatrol.org/stalking for more information.
13. Vulgarity: You agree not to display words, information, or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent, graphically sexual, harm minors in any way, exploit images of children, or are otherwise objectionable. You agree not to post URLs of sites where such words, images or information is displayed. Permission for exceptions to this rule must be obtained from TradeOnlyToday.com staff.
14. Images, Text and HTML: You agree to refrain from using visually disruptive or excessively large font sizes and/or images. You agree to use HTML and styles only for text effects (such as bold and italics), to post images, or to create normal hyperlinks. You agree not to upload to TradeOnlyToday.com or link to any other code, tags, scripts, audio, animations, file or program. You will not upload, post, link to, e-mail or otherwise transmit any harmful component to TradeOnlyToday.com, or deface any portion of the site.
15. Minors: You will not post on TradeOnlyToday.com if you are under 18 years of age. Surveys: Researchers who wish to post a survey or ask for information from TradeOnlyToday.com members must obtain TradeOnlyToday.com permission before doing so.
16. Copying Content: TradeOnlyToday.com comments are primarily intended for interactive conversation; users are encouraged to express their own ideas in their own words, not to parrot the words of others. You agree not to create posts that consist substantially of material copied from another source. You agree to respect intellectual property rights when posting on TradeOnlyToday.com. You agree not to post copyrighted or trademarked images on TradeOnlyToday.com, or to engage in “bandwidth theft.” You agree not to post articles or other text from another publication (copyright or not) except as follows: you may quote a small sample, credit the source, post a hyperlink to the author’s original, and include your own comments in your own words. You agree that you will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, lease, reverse engineer, decompile, frame, mirror or disassemble any portion of this Site, or offer to do so.
17. Illegal activities: You will not solicit or promote the use of an illegal substance, promote illegal activity, or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
18. Impersonation: You agree not to impersonate or spoof TradeOnlyToday.com users, employees, hosts or volunteers. You agree to create and use no more than one TradeOnlyToday.com username, without explicit approval from TradeOnlyToday.com staff. You agree not to express or imply that any content or materials you make, submit, or post are endorsed by TradeOnlyToday.com or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
19. Contact information: You agree to provide a valid e-mail address in your TradeOnlyToday.com registration. You may choose to conceal your e-mail address from other members, and you may manage your mail preferences. However, TradeOnlyToday.com staff must be able to contact you by e-mail if necessary to discuss your account. If the e-mail address in your profile is not valid, your posting privileges may be suspended; should this happen to you, please e-mail us for assistance. Staff members will keep your e-mail address confidential.
20. Complaints: If there are problems on TradeOnlyToday.com, we want to know about them so that we can attempt to fix them. You agree to report community-related complaints and problems appropriately: to report a violation of these Rules of Conduct, or to complain about a comment e-mail your complaint to TradeOnlyToday.com staff at Webmaster@TradeOnlyToday.com who will review your complaint and take appropriate action. You agree not to post problem reports and complaints publicly on the site, or to comment publicly on host or staff actions. You agree you will not harass TradeOnlyToday.com staff. You will not engage in behavior that requires TradeOnlyToday.com staff to expend excessive time and/or resources. In addition: – These Rules of Conduct apply to anything you upload to or create on TradeOnlyToday.com, including comments, screen names, member profiles, and any other text or images. – We have the right to suspend or terminate your membership for violation of the above rules. – We have the right to reprint from TradeOnlyToday.com discussions any post or portion of a post (along with the user name of the TradeOnlyToday.com member who posted it) somewhere else on the site or in any other medium (such as TradeOnlyToday magazine, promotional items, etc.). – We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in messages. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained in forums, comment sections, or trip reports. The opinions expressed here are solely the opinions of the commenter and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of TradeOnlyToday.com or Active Interest Media.
21. Membership services: We provide you with the means through the Manage Account function on our site to make sure that your Personal Identity Information is correct and current. Generally, your Personal Identity Information is only utilized to send you, either by email or mail, subscription renewal notices, regularly scheduled TradeOnlyToday emails and/or information that we deem important to you regarding features, changes or other site benefits that may impact your use of our site.
TradeOnlyToday utilizes Personal Identity Information to operate our site, monitor email forwarding of Trade Only Today content sent through our site, provide services, and inform you of new features, services, and products within our suite of properties.
We have a strict policy of refusing to share your personal information with third parties for any reason. We also do not sell our mailing lists to anyone for any reason. We may, however, work on behalf of key industry trade shows to mail out trade show information to you that we deem is important as well as key partners to provide you with product and industry information we deem is important to you or perhaps of interest to you. You can always choose to opt out of receiving these emails at any time, but keep in mind that if you opt out, you will receive no further information, even that information which might be important to you.
Our web site may disclose Personal Identity Information when required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal processes served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend property of TradeOnlyToday, or this site, and (c) act in exigent circumstances to protect us, the personal safety of users, and the site, or the public.
If at any time you believe that we have not adhered to these principles, please notify us and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
Please contact us at the following:
Trade Only Today
10 Bokum Rd.
Essex, CT 06426
You should also be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet server and through the use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are small text files that a web site uses to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to the site and allow a site to track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising. Cookies are not programs that come onto your system and damage files. Generally, cookies identify you by assigning a unique number that has no meaning outside the web site.
Our site enables you to forward articles by email or other means to subscribers and non-subscribers. Any email or communication sent through TradeOnlyToday or using the TradeOnlyToday system is deemed the property of Trade Only Today and you are aware it may be viewed by TradeOnlyToday at any time.
Our Commitment to Security We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
How to Contact Us If you have any questions or concerns about the Active Interest Media online policy for this site or its implementation please contact us at the following address:
Active Interest Media 300 N. Continental Blvd., Suite 650 El Segundo, CA 90245
Please check these guidelines periodically as they may be revised for the protection of our members.
ABOUT TRADEONLYTODAY SUBSCRIPTION RATES AND POLICIES
TradeOnlyToday premium content is a Web-based, subscription-only ,
insider voice and news service published for subscribers only at www.tradeonlytoday.com. TradeOnlyToday is updated as important news breaks with daily email sent to subscriber emails. Individual subscriptions are $15. Flat-rate company subscriptions are $140 with no limit on the number of subscribers.