On the infrastructure side, improvements should benefit manufacturers, the firm said.
Garmin reported strong fourth-quarter and 2016 results as sales and profits rose from year-earlier figures.
Attendance grew 3 percent at the Detroit Boat Show.
SureShade said it reached a company milestone, as it was available on 100 boats.
Marine Professionals Inc. said it is marking its 20th year in business.
The early-bird booking deadline for METS Trade Show floor space is March 1.
MarineMax launches its own training school; Correct Craft CEO says ‘healthy immigration’ could help...more
Industry scrambles to gauge the impact of changes — good or bad — in the way the U.S. does business...more
Company unveils an array of new products — many of them geared to help it win share in the growing coastal boat sect...more
After accomplishing the biggest relocation of a major show in marine industry history last year, the National Marine Manufacturers Association executed a second-year improvement plan in remarkable ways while dispelling any doubts about this iconic show’s permanent new home....more
Today I’m beginning five days of manning the Discover Boating and “Hands On Skills Training” activity at the Progressive Miami International Boat Show and I’m reminded of the importance to our industry of the growing Hispanic market, not just here in South Florida, but across America....more
Did you miss...?
MIAMI — Honda Marine’s new concept engine at the Miami International Boat Show was certainly turning some heads.
MIAMI BEACH — Exhibitors seemed largely happy with the decision to install gates and charge admission to Yachts Miami Beach.
Selected Marine Stocks
- NMMA ‘discouraged’ about demise of Trans-Pacific trade deal 32 comments
- Trade group honors former New England show president 6 comments
- Firm issues analysis of Trump manufacturing proposals 6 comments
- Sportfishing community sees hope in Trump policies 5 comments
- Experts say U.S. manufacturers should prepare for tariffs 4 comments
“This land is your land, this land is my land … ” Remember those Woody Guthrie lyrics sung by Peter, Paul, and Mary and, most recently, by Lady Gaga at the Super Bowl?...more
Had I been content with traditional marketing practices, my career likely would have gone down the same path as the blurry Polaroid photograph, the typesetting machine or my trusty IBM Selectric III....more
I’ve been reading a lot recently about automation, creative destruction, artificial intelligence, globalization, reshoring, job loss and the like. So are you and me and my brother-in-law the boatwright going to be replaced before too long by robots? I wouldn’t lose sleep over it....more
- Regional Sales Manager – Lexington Marine Group
- Service Manager/Techs/Foreman and more-Hinckley Company, Stuart, FL
- General Manager-Boulder Boats
- Product Manager-Imtra
- Software Support Technician-MyTaskit
- Marine Mechanic/Electronics Tech positions-Oyster Harbors Marine
- Service Writer, Savannah, GA-Hinckley Yachts
- Maritime Marketing Manager-FLIR
- Experienced Marine Upholsterer / Sewer-Barton & Gray Mariners Club
- Marine Sales Manager-Perko
Jim Coburn is the managing partner of Coburn and Associates, a Michigan-based financial services consulting firm he founded in 2010.
The Providence Boat Show at the Rhode Island Convention Center was a day shorter this year, but saw a 10 percent increase in attendance.
Exhibitors say 21 percent leap in turnout builds on the momentum of fall shows and jump-starts 2017 sales
New owner’s willingness to spend means more innovation, rollout of new models and a move to full resin infusion
It’s one month into the new year and, after finishing 2016 in the doldrums, the U.S. brokerage market has made a fast start.