Some 51 products were nominated to go forward for final judging by the jury of the silver jubilee edition of the DAME Design Award competition.
The products have been selected from among 108 entries from 24 nationalities. The jury will choose as many as seven category winners and one overall winner.
They will be announced during the breakfast briefing on the opening day of the Nov. 17-19 Marine Equipment Trade Show in the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center. The nominated products are available at the METS website.
The Design Award contest began in 1991 to promote design across all disciplines and recognize the best-designed products at METS.
Twenty-five years later, the anniversary edition continues to highlight the design of all marine products, from function to aesthetics and from packaging to the end product.
The DAME jury also considers entries’ expected impact on the marine industry, suitability for their intended purpose, the level of innovation, cost-effectiveness and environmental impact.
The DAME categories are:
- Marine electronics and marine related software
- Interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical fittings used in cabins
- Marina equipment, boatyard equipment and boat construction tools and materials
- Deck equipment, sails and rigging
- Clothing and crew accessories
- Lifesaving and safety equipment
- Machinery, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and fittings