Organizers of the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo said they expanded the number of pre-conference workshops offered at this year’s event from seven to 12 in response to record-high ratings from 2014 conferees.
“When we consider where to invest in growing MDCE, the most important consideration is the potential impact it will have on our attendees,” Liz Walz, vice president of the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas, which produces the annual event in partnership with Boating Industry, said in a statement. “The workshops were a natural fit this year because not only were they rated higher than any other type of education at last year’s event, but as the most in-depth sessions at MDCE, they also give dealers a chance to do the most work on their business.”
The 2015 MDCE is scheduled for Nov. 15-18 at the Orange County Convention Center, Rosen Plaza Hotel and Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, Fla. The pre-conference workshops are scheduled for the morning of Nov. 16.
Organizers said the pre-conference workshops, which were first launched in 2013, are designed to help dealers get their hands dirty building processes, tools and strategies to drive their success with expert guidance from leading authorities.
This year, that not only includes the conference’s opening keynote speaker, Steve McClatchy, but also favorites such as Valerie Ziebron, Sam Dantzler, John Spader and Jennifer Robison, who will be back by popular demand.
“More than half of our dealer attendees have yet to experience an MDCE workshop, and I don’t think they realize that they’re missing one of the most powerful offerings of the event,” Boating Industry editor-in-chief Jonathan Sweet said. “In 2014, 99.3 percent of all workshop attendees reported that the experience was ‘well worth their time and money.’”
Among this year’s workshop topics are:
- Performance guru Steve McClatchy will show dealers four keys to effective execution, three skills possessed by the most organized executives and numerous ways to manage interruptions and improve efficiency.
- Merchandiser Jennifer Robison will return to MDCE to give attendees the tools they need to improve sales through better showroom design.
- Perennial favorites Valerie Ziebron and Dan Fujiwara will help attendees make more in the service department by analyzing and improving their scheduling of repairs, maintenance and rigging.
- Expert instructor John Spader will expose attendees to a 20 Group experience and teach a step-by-step process they can use to analyze their financials.
- Dealership consultant Sam Dantzler will use personality profiling to help dealers gain insight into customer behavior and close more deals.
Information is available at marinedealerconference.com/pre-conference-workshops.