TAMPA, Fla. — The winners of the 2017 Innovation Awards were announced this morning during the annual Industry Breakfast at the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference.
The awards recognized achievement in product development in 10 areas of the marine industry. More than 95 entries were received and winners were selected by a panel of judges from Boating Writers International, a professional organization consisting of writers, editors, publishers and communications professionals associated with the industry.
The winners are:
• Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: CEproof Group, ICOMIA Technical File Generator
• Deck Equipment & Hardware: Aluna Systems, Light Pole; Honorable Mention: SUREFAS B.V., CAF-COMPO screw-stud
• Mechanical Systems: Seakeeper, Seakeeper 3
• Electrical Systems: JL Marine Systems, Power-Pole Charge
• Outboard Engines: Dual Winners: Suzuki Motor of America Inc., DF350A;
Yamaha Motor Corp., F25C
• Boatyard and Dealer Hardware and Software: Gemeco Marine Accessories,
TDT1000 Transducer Diagnostic Tester
• Propulsion Parts, Propellers: BRP US Inc., Evinrude iDock; Honorable
Mention: PowerTech! Propellers, CushionLok2
• OEM Electronics: Dual Winners: JL Marine Systems, Power-Pole VISION;
Lumitec, Power Line Instruction Technology
• Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories: Gatorbak LLC, Premium Clear Bunk
• Safety Equipment: Vesper Marine, deckWatch App
“These awards signify the importance that innovation plays in our industry, and IBEX is honored to recognize these key innovators and their products that keep the boating industry at the forefront of cutting-edge trends,” Anne Dunbar, IBEX show director, said in a statement.
“With more than 95 product entries, competition was tight and the winners chosen from our top-tier panel of BWI judges represent the best the industry has to offer, all of which can be viewed along Innovation Way in aisle 100 throughout the show.”